Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which software can replace photoshop

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by Lata Joshi, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Lata Joshi

Lata Joshi New Member

Hi,
    I am using photoshop since long time in MAC. But it is getting too slow I do't now what is the reason. now i got irritate i want a proper solution.

so please advice me which I should use in place of photoshop?

2. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

Lata Joshi likes this.
  3. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Or you could try Pixelmator. It's exclusive to Mac and has an iOS version too.

Lata Joshi likes this.
  4. debbiec12323

debbiec12323 New Member

GIMP is a pretty decent solution and it is a freely distributed software. The majority of functionalities you find in Photoshop can be found on GIMP. You can read more about it here. - http://www.gimp.org

Lata Joshi likes this.
  5. Robert Stott

Robert Stott Member

It's also worth keeping an eye on what Affinity are doing. They have a photo editing app in Beta at the moment, but I expect it can't be far off being production ready:

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/

6. Richard

Richard New Member

I have been using Photoshop extensively as a print and web designer over the last 10 years and I can't say I have ever had speed issues. What are you using it for? If speed is the issue I would suggest upgrading your system.

7. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

To be fair if Photoshop is slowing down after working well initially it will be more to do with the system than Photoshop.

8. Tamjid Arafin

Tamjid Arafin New Member

I think Your RAM ability is not so enough. You need to improve it or you can update your windows of your PC. Then Photoshop will work properly.

9. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

does anyone actually read the first post... they say they're using a MAC :rolleyes: