which program recommended for pdf portfolio

admirb87

Hi guys, I'm working on my first graphic design & illustration portfolio. I'm not quite sure with which program I'm going to do it though. I've decided to send a pdf version of my portfolio to the design agencys and not to make a website for now.
My idea for that involves quite a few design elements, which i have to make with my graphic tablet, so it seems to me that, that i have to do it with Illustrator. It would be much easier with Indesign though, if there weren't these design elements.
I got the whole Adobe creative suite by the way. What would you recommend? Which program should I use?
Thx

I'm intrigued to know what 'design' elements you can't import into 'InDesign'?!
And what's the graphic tablet got to do with it?

Having a rough day buddy? I didn't write that I couldn't import the design elements into Indesign. It would just be too complicated, as I can create them in Illustrator, the way I want them directly. Very helpful answer though ;)

OK... maybe I'm misunderstanding how we use indesign (can't say I use it a lot in all honesty) but don't you do work outside indesign and then use indesign to composite a layout as such.

Having a great day thanks, which is why I thought I would spare a few minutes to help someone out. I could've just been very sarcastic instead.

You're not giving us enough information, but you've sort of answered it yourself. Use InDesign if it's easier, or use Ai if you're happier that way, I don't
understand why it would be complicated to export your vector and put it in InDesign. It doesn't matter which you use to produce the pdf, they will all look the same.

Ok, maybe I didn't explain it right. The thing I'm trying to do is, to design the portfolio much like a sketchbook. All the projects will be in there, in form of logos, pictures, mockups, etc., but I'll use my graphic tablet to write comments & thoughts (written with the tablet) around the pictures, logos, etc. But, maybe importing it form Illustrator to Indesign and adjusting the elements to the pics etc. is still the way to go, as a layout is much easier to make in Indesign. Thx everyone

Back