Which of these logos works better for a tax publishing business?

violinmike

Hello!

I do a bit of graphic design (though it's not my main job so please forgive my ignorance). I'm trying to come up with a new logo for this company and wanted to include a bit of negative space - I always find it clever in other logos. What are your thoughts on these two? I find the first one too fussy but the second not very obvious, particularly when smaller. Any help much appreciated!

Mike

CB 2016 with line.jpg CB 2016.jpg

Hello!

I do a bit of graphic design (though it's not my main job so please forgive my ignorance). I'm trying to come up with a new logo for this company and wanted to include a bit of negative space - I always find it clever in other logos. What are your thoughts on these two? I find the first one too fussy but the second not very obvious, particularly when smaller. Any help much appreciated!

Mike

View attachment 4608 View attachment 4607

Good morning,

instinctively I sway more towards the second one, it's more subtle. But, have you thought about working on the c and be to actually create/hint on the shape of a book? The font you choose for kind of screams for it ;) . The accompanying logo font stands not in relation to the actual logo. Maybe have a look to find a more suitable font; If it is for print maybe explore some serif fonts as well :) Also check the spaces between you letters. (it's easier when you step away from your screen and look at it from a distance, also your line-height (the space between the two words) seems too much.
I hope this helps :)

It's a good start though, just needs refinement !! :D

I prefer the second, I agree with Ash as it is more subtle.
For the text I feel the 'claritax' is too heavy or is that the 'books' is too weak against the rest.

A tip given to me some time back:
Print it out a large as you can.
Stick on a door a the end of a corridor or hall way and view it from a distance.

the second one works better.

Have you looked a increasing the size of the book only by around 2% as the weighting around the upper and lower section is greater than on the left and right. you should bring the top of the book inline with the base of the c.

also on the text use the same font on both this my help the balance and increase the size also as it is to small.

great start on your logo design. keep up the work

Back