Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which is your favorite mobile phone and why

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by With Nothing Added, Aug 21, 2014.

1. With Nothing Added

With Nothing Added Junior Member

Hi all!
    I have some questions about mobiles that I'd like to share with you.
    What is the most inspiring feature in your opinion, when buying a mobile phone?
    Which brand?
    Which model?
    Which price?

... and so on...
    any ideas?
  2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

that's nice.... why do you have these questions....
    GilmoreVisuals likes this.
  3. With Nothing Added

... that's a good point actually...
    it just keep occurring to me... when i wake up, etc...
  4. GilmoreVisuals

GilmoreVisuals Active Member

Feature: the operating system
    Which brand? Any
    Which model? Any based on selection / price
    Which price? Anything under £20 a month
  5. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

iPhone because I'm a Mac whore! :p
    Steeph likes this.
  6. gcol90

gcol90 Junior Member

Android. Preferably the Nexus/pure Android devices.
  7. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Feature: Operating System. I always see people struggle to use Android. iOS just works.
    Brand: iPhone
    Model: Currently own 5S, probably won't upgrade until Apple stop updating the OS on 5S. So, iPhone 7S next...
    Price: Currently paying less than a tenner a month. Always buy the phone outright.
  8. With Nothing Added

Hi all. Thanks.
    Hi Jimlad! How's Phoenix Street going? My friends also liked it a lot; for example the characterizations.

... coming back to the topic; how do you feel about touch screen or not. Touch screen is newer, but it is normal, I think, because it's been going on for long. Or is it still to be considered a new discovery that need too be explored more?
    Among these phones,
    would you choose a touch screen or a keyboard one?

I was also going to add this:

If one chooses touch screen, maybe iphone is the best choice. Many would agree on that.
    Do you think it is pure prejudice?
    Or does it make sense to you?
  9. With Nothing Added

God! I hope you're not thinking that this is stealth advertising...
  10. NeonThunder

NeonThunder Active Member

I use to be a apple fanboy but now i've moved to android and i love it! Was getting sick of my iphone battery dying all the time. Also the premium line rental due to it being an iphone!
  11. With Nothing Added

Thanks NeonThunder. I was actually hoping to hear about a comparison between iphone and Android.
    The Blackberry batteries are also week, unless it has changed this year.

Anyone has a link to a very good article or documentary about Android by any chance?
    I think it would be a good starting point...
  12. NeonThunder

Moving to android did seem abit weird at first but you get the hang of it quite easily and you can upgrade your phones memory. Also it's a lot more customisable and you can still sync you iMac etc with it there's plenty of apps etc.

Mod Note: I've added in the quote tags so it's easier to read. Levi
  13. With Nothing Added

14. With Nothing Added

hmmm... I know it's ridiculous but I still haven't bought it :)
    my aunt wants to buy me a Nokia Lumia with a 8.7 megapixel camera
    but I'm not sure what to decide...
    anyone who can inspire me is welcome!!!
  15. gcol90

gcol90 Junior Member

What version of Window's is on it, do you know? 7.5 or 8? If its 7.5 stay away. They're terrible. 8 I've heard good things about, apparently a lot of the major devs are releasing their apps onto Windows, but I still think its lagging compared to iOS and Android.

I might be biased but I'd go for Android. iOS is just stale now. Android L is out soon which will give Android a bit of a cosmetic overhaul. Also, are you going on contract or buying outright? If so, if you can wait a month to see Google's offerings, then the new Nexus - provided it's not all a rumour - might be a good bet. High spec at a low cost. Well, lower than a comparable iPhone or Windows phone.
  16. With Nothing Added

Yes; waiting to see Nexus and Android L make sense. Contract or outright, it depends. the important thing is to get the phone right. I'm a bit in competition with the factories, i think :)
  17. With Nothing Added

Hi all! After long time I decided to try Nokia Lumia. Stared with 635... if I'm happy I'll get
    the 930, although I've heard that there are some issues about it Microsoft should fix. For
    example the volume... anyone heard about it?
  18. cutcopypaste

cutcopypaste New Member

Ive heard a lot of negactive stuff about the new Lumias, Microsoft is killing them. Im sticking with iPhones until some other company comes up with phone that can actually compete with it.
  19. NeonThunder

AHH lumia nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

HTC :D there pretty sweet!!
  20. yusuf74

yusuf74 Member

My favoriate brand is Iphone and senond choise Symphony, model: Xplorer W130 1gb ram.