Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which is better?

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Inkling, May 17, 2015.

1. Inkling

Inkling New Member

Hello,
    Which of these two Freakonomics covers do you think is better? Thank you. :icon_smile:

1.jpg 2.jpg

2. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

I like them both.

But the cover on the first one is difficult to read due to the "O" looking like a "C"

Inkling likes this.
  3. Inkling

Inkling New Member

Thank you! Maybe if I filled in the second O as well, it might be more legible.

4. PriyeshDesign

PriyeshDesign Member

Good designs.
    I much prefer the second cover design - it's interesting!

Inkling likes this.
  5. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

I like both but 'design wise' I prefer the first one. Saying that, the second one may be more fitting to the novel? I do however think that the tracking of the text on the back cover is slightly too tight.

Inkling likes this.
  6. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Second one. The first is ok (though suffering some legibility issues) but the second if more engaging. You have to work to read the title on both covers, but the second feels more rewarding and relevant when you do.

And the leading too, it's much too tight. I'd look into adding a little more hierarchy to the type on the back too, the Malcolm Gladwell quote could do with being separated a little more from the blurb I think.

Inkling likes this.
  7. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

^ I typed tracking but was thinking leading lol.

8. Inkling

Inkling New Member

Would you say this is an improvement? forumm.jpg