Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Opera

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (post below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
T

Tony Hardy

The title says it all, a quick poll on which browsers our users use and why.

I'm a Mac guy and I've always used Safari for surfing the web and Firefox for web design and development.

What about you?

Firefox - primary browser, I just like it how I've got it set up and it is the most 'efficient' for me
Chrome - probably faster browser loading pages but I just don't like the tabs up top... yes I know
IE - It's not actually as bad as it used to be now... still only use it if I have too
Opera - just can't seem to get on with it
anything else
Safari... seriously it's junk on windows and no longer supported iirc

Firefox is my main choice. Not a massive fan of Google by principal and so don't use Chrome.

I use Google for their calendar, which is good. Being in a few bands and that, it's handy for all of us to share one calendar and know who's playing when etc!

I have to use all browsers ... though I prefer Chrome :)

I've used Safari, Chrome and Firefox. I like them all, but Firefox is my favourite. I just love the plug-ins for it. Oh, and I use Opera Mini on my phone. Very nice browser.

Matt Harle said:
I've used Safari, Chrome and Firefox. I like them all, but Firefox is my favourite. I just love the plug-ins for it. Oh, and I use Opera Mini on my phone. Very nice browser.
What sort of phone have you got? Got no experience of Opera at all! Don't even use plugins in my web browsers, only Firebug for Firefox.

Tony Hardy said:
What sort of phone have you got? Got no experience of Opera at all! Don't even use plugins in my web browsers, only Firebug for Firefox.
LG Cookie. I'm in dire need of an upgrade really, but can't afford one.

Matt Harle said:
LG Cookie. I'm in dire need of an upgrade really, but can't afford one.
Mine's pretty much broke. Only gotta hold it out til April though then iPhone 5 time.

Tony Hardy said:
Mine's pretty much broke. Only gotta hold it out til April though then iPhone 5 time.
Nice one. I'm looking to get an iPhone when I can afford it.

For a while I was torn between that and a Samsung S3, then thought; what's the point in having an iPhone knock off? Haha

Tony Hardy said:
For a while I was torn between that and a Samsung S3, then thought; what's the point in having an iPhone knock off? Haha
The S3 looks too big, if I'm honest. It's more like a mini tablet than a phone.

I'm a Chrome dome I'm so sorry I used to use Firefox before switching. I think I started out with Internet Explorer though.
Particularly amused at the disbelief that anyone still uses it.

Emmature said:
I'm a Chrome dome I'm so sorry I used to use Firefox before switching. I think I started out with Internet Explorer though.
Particularly amused at the disbelief that anyone still uses it.
Everyone started out with IE. I'm amazed that they're having to actually advertise themselves now! I remember when it was literally the only web browser out there.

I've used Firefox and Chrome, but these days I just prefer Safari for most things. Call me crazy. Plus the bookmarks sync nicely with my iPhone.

I've always used Firefox but recently had a lot of issues with it on certain websites so I've just switched to Chrome which I'm actually finding quite good as it's easy to switch between user profiles - I still use Firefox for web design and it's add-on's make it a very powerful tool for many tasks so I'd never stop using it altogether. All of my sites are tested on Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and of course, the always brilliant Internet Explorer, lol

Chrome or (YES! Internet Explorer), i used Firefox for a long time... but it was kinda buggy lately... and i think IE is becoming better :)

Back