Whether to break a long email address across two lines?

stevedore

I'm putting together some business cards for everyone at my work. Unfortunately, the current business card template is in portrait and two of the staff have very long email addresses that don't fit on one line due to double-barrelled names. Should I break the email address across two lines? If so is the @ the best place to make the break? Is there a better solution?

Change their email address. Splitting an email address over two lines results in a very poor UX.

It's easy to setup a new shorter email address and redirect to their normal email.

Presumably the client is likely to not want the hassle of changing emails. If that's the case, I'd probably do this.

Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 10.31.56.png

It's a pretty ugly solution though, so I'd probably urge them to consider shortening it.

just get a redirect setup on a short email address as already suggested.

Would be a simpler more elegant solution.

Personally I'd maybe try and put the @ after the name because you can then double duty the second part as the web address :)
so something like
really.long-name@
mybusinessname.co.uk

You should at least know how to put a email together in this day and age so it's pretty obvious how it works....

Here's one we've done recently. I'm going to be worried when Nicole Prascovia Elikolani Valiente Scherzinger wants some business cards.
Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 10.53.50.png

Back