Where you should order business cards

luckily half those are available in the UK, have to say I'd have likely picked moo anyways and they do look to have the best finish out of the ones he got sent. Not sure about the size issue though as I'm sure moo has dimensions on their site

ive just ordered some from moo so il see what they are like.

good print are also quite good. not bad priced and good quality.

Best and cheapest I have seen is Aubergine Print. They used to only supply to the 'design industry' but not sure if that still stands but very good quality and cheap prices.

Aubergine Print

sorry if I have gone off the track here but I can't see the link above as my work has a rubbish website block system! grrrr I can't even see ffffound.com!

Good article, I think Vista print deserves a certain concession because of the fact they practically give them to you.

I can't stand vista print... I went to a business meeting not so long ago and no joke the was 12 people in the room and 10 had vista printed business cards and they all looked shocking.. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who was looking for business cards.

Embarrased to say that I have used Vistaprint in the past. When we were just starting out and wanted a few quick, cheap cards to get started with, they were great. Once we knew the business would work out we invested in properly designed branding. I guess you get what you pay for, literally.

Thomzo said:
Embarrased to say that I have used Vistaprint in the past. When we were just starting out and wanted a few quick, cheap cards to get started with, they were great. Once we knew the business would work out we invested in properly designed branding. I guess you get what you pay for, literally.

Everybody starts with Vista! :angel:

I used printing.com for mine. They were quite pricey, but that's because I had minimum quantity with matt lam and spot UV. They look great and I feel proud to give them out. If you're selling design for print you want to be giving out something of a high standard or you're shooting yourself in the foot.

i use a local printer, he isn't the cheapest but best quality cards you can get. i get all my clients cards done there.

I've used MOO loads of times now and recommend them to everybody. Great quality, nice double sided feature, well packaged, low volumes. Ideal.

Again, Moo have always been good to me. Good to see the different print examples and the range of quality between all printers.

Like it!

We use local printers at work - but if i'm doing any work for friends I tend to just use printing.com as I usually get a good job and they are easy to use.

TomHolmes said:
If you're selling design for print you want to be giving out something of a high standard or you're shooting yourself in the foot.

Too true...

Unbelievable how so many potential designers are asking where to get the cheapest business cards...even the most expensive business cards you can find are still a relatively cheap purchase - and if they bring you the business in they're a bargain.

I agree you need to have quality over the price in order to get the business.

If you have 2 designers, 1 with a cheap printed business card and 1 with a stand out classy business card - I know which I would choose and I wouldnt be asking how much they paid for their cards.

Whatever brings in the business is worth it!

BTW, I have started seeing a lot more business cards the size of moo's business cards. What is the official standard size for Business cards nowadays?

Cheers,

Eamon :)

SwiftColour said:
BTW, I have started seeing a lot more business cards the size of moo's business cards. What is the official standard size for Business cards nowadays?
Cheers,
Eamon :)

Hello Eamon

I don't know about "official" size - but standard size to me is 85m x 55m.

'Jimlad' says - on my thread "Business Cards - does thickness matter" - that size isn't as important as thickness! - and I think he's probably right.

Regards - David

I've yet to actually do any design work freelance wise, but once I've sorted my portfolio I don't see why I would ever buy them from the net. After a bit of research I can get them done locally - which means I'm supporting local businesses, potentially building new contacts and I don't have to faff about with delivery times/cost.

Back