Where you should order business cards

Moo standard is around 250gsm, its been a while since I ordered from them, so I don't know if thats changed.

I got 100 to begin with Chris. And it's 350 gsm.

This is a thick 350gsm, sustainably sourced paper stock, with a smooth matte laminate. We chose it for it's 'heft' - it doesn't bend as easily as other papers, and has excellent colour reproduction. The matte laminate adds extra protection and this paper is acid and lignin free.

Thanks, I'm glad it was thicker than 250! I think I've checked out their site before but found their uploading system a bit strange... Did you have that problem? Or was that another site?!

I had no problems with Moo, it was dead simple. I uploaded about 10 pdf files for the back, and one for the front, and then they show you what they look like with the bleed taken into account and you see if everything you want is in the "safe area" or not.

I'm about to use a company called printed.com £18 for 150 double sided 350gsm - seems like a good deal? Will let you know. Think they used to be the digital print partnership, not sure if anyone has experience?

create365 said:
I'm about to use a company called printed.com £18 for 150 double sided 350gsm

Oh dear - cheap and cheerful - and too thin.

These cheap cards are arguably 'good enough' for a self employed plumber - but a designer needs to have the very best quality business cards he can find to show he takes pride in his work.

I completely agree with davidw. If you're a plumber or work in any other profession which isn't design oriented then you get a little more leeway because graphic design isn't the service you're selling to make a living.

As a graphic designer, it's often the case that the first time someone sees some of your work is when you hand them your business card. This will be their first opportunity to judge you based on your work, so you'd better make it count!

Squiddy said:
I completely agree with davidw. If you're a plumber or work in any other profession which isn't design oriented then you get a little more leeway because graphic design isn't the service you're selling to make a living.

As a graphic designer, it's often the case that the first time someone sees some of your work is when you hand them your business card. This will be their first opportunity to judge you based on your work, so you'd better make it count!

Thank you Squiddy - not everyone seems to realise this.

I know a lot of the young designers can't afford the bespoke 540gsm letterpress and foil cards - but there are options for litho cards in 580gsm that won't break the bank.

A 580gsm matt laminated card is much cheaper and can still be a stunning card - and there's the option of adding a spot gloss varnish or foil - or debossing to make it really special.

Well, the good thing about being new to the industry is that you probably won't need that many business cards to begin with. I don't think you even need to have a card that screams luxury, bespoke, expensive service as a young designer - you just need something that looks good and doesn't look like you got it for free - any logo other than your own is a huge

I've just ordered my first batch of business cards from Moo Printing, they are 350gsm matt laminate silk, double sided and is sourced from sustainable forests. They feel great and are very resilient too.I ordered 200 for £35.45 (includes VAT and postage)

Refer A Friend | moo.com - 10% off your first order!

By clicking the above link, it will take you to their site and give you 10% off your first order too :) (this applies to the first order from a new account)

So, you don't need to spend loads to get something good, but it is something you really need to invest in as a new/young graphic designer.

I Ordered Business Cards at [FONT=&quot]fizzprint.co.uk
Provide [/FONT] high-quality business card printing services and also high standard Business cards, Leaflets, Postcards and Invitations through online. I create my design online and ordered.

Back