Where to sell graphic design books

linziloop

Hi Folks

I have a lot of graphic design books I'm looking to sell (don't refer to them very much and need the space after having a baby!). Where do you think the best place to sell them would be? I was thinking they would be useful to students but I've no idea how to advertise them to them. Ebay is daft as once you take into account fees and postage costs you can't really get much for them. I was thinking preloved but not sure if people looking for graphic design books would frequent that site...

Is there anywhere on this forum I could list them?

Cheers

Linzi :)

Might be a good idea to set a thread up for this sort of thing? I've got a load of books I'd like to sell too. They're more theoretical, bought brand new to help with my degree dissertation and havn't seen the light of day since.

I've sold a lot of stuff through Gumtree. People will buy all sorts from that site. Just advertise them on here with a link to the page, and through Twitter, etc if you have it. Alternatively there's Amazon but I've never sold through them, only bought.

I've sold a lot of stuff through Gumtree. People will buy all sorts from that site. Just advertise them on here with a link to the page, and through Twitter, etc if you have it. Alternatively there's Amazon but I've never sold through them, only bought.

I think I'll try the free sites like GumTree and PreLoved but I do wonder if there is such thing as second hand book sales for students at universities or anything. Just thinking the online thing is all well and good if someone who wants one of the books lives locally, but if people don't live locally I don't think they'll buy as the postage for books is ridiculous given the weight, and quite often size of graphic design books. I don't live in a city, I live a little out in the sticks, so there's not going to be a massive amount of people nearby me wanting graphic design books. An option which involves me taking the books somewhere and selling them would be great; I did think carboot sale but I'd have to get lucky that there were people there wanting books like these, it would be a bit hit and miss.

I dunno though, maybe people will be willing to pay postage. I guess I just gotta try it and see!

I like Arrivals idea of a thread on here though, could we do that? Is it allowed? Where would be best to put it?

I think I'll try the free sites like GumTree and PreLoved but I do wonder if there is such thing as second hand book sales for students at universities or anything. Just thinking the online thing is all well and good if someone who wants one of the books lives locally, but if people don't live locally I don't think they'll buy as the postage for books is ridiculous given the weight, and quite often size of graphic design books. I don't live in a city, I live a little out in the sticks, so there's not going to be a massive amount of people nearby me wanting graphic design books. An option which involves me taking the books somewhere and selling them would be great; I did think carboot sale but I'd have to get lucky that there were people there wanting books like these, it would be a bit hit and miss.

I dunno though, maybe people will be willing to pay postage. I guess I just gotta try it and see!

I like Arrivals idea of a thread on here though, could we do that? Is it allowed? Where would be best to put it?

Pop them in here for now, I think it's the most relevant section – Offers Forum:

I think postage costs is the main bugbear. I still use Ebay, but never use Royal Mail now unless it's a really small item. I use Parcel2go now at a fraction of the cost.
They even pick up from your home if you can be in all day.

Excellemt will do Paul, thanks for that. Just got to take some pictures so I can list them :)

Wardy thanks I'll have to check out that parcel2go website because I do actually have a little Etsy business that might benefit from that as well, and I'm on maternity leave at the moment so I CAN be in all day! Ace!

Linzi, I would be quite interested in buying some graphic design books. :) I've been on the look out for some new reading material recently. So please keep me updated if possible. :)

Sorry I took so long to reply folks! Baby keeping me VERY busy! Will collect together the books I'm willing to part with (eeek!) and take photos etc. asap :)

Back