Where to print?

Zeb583

Hi all,

My name is Zeb Raja, I studied 2 years of Graphic Design (BA) Hons. I have just launched my website through Facebook at the moment, but will hopefully run my own website.

I was hoping if you can help me and point me to the right direction. I want the right resources to print my work on posters, polo shirts, t-shirts, printmaking and screenprinting. Where can I use all of these resources? I live in Bristol so anywhere that's close to the South West area. I don't want to spend as little as I can, as I have a small budget Nd want to keep costs to a minimum.

Please visit this: Facebook

Zeb

In Bristol I'd go talk to Minuteman (one of the GDF) and make friends with him!

"I don't want to spend as little as I can" - presumably you don't really mean this!!!

Thanks Kate, I had a look on their website and their prices seem's abit too pricey. I live in Bristol, so I can pop down and speak to them direct. Do you have your website, business, or anything that I can view your work?

If you want to impress, cheap printing will not do. I'm in the same dilemma you are though. Printing is pricey when you get small runs produced because of the cost associated with setting up a print run. Printing one thing and printing 20 is often the same price because there's a minimum cost a printer has to cover to make a profit. But you don't always need (or want) 10, 20, or 50 copies of something you've produced, you often just want one.

You can reduce the cost by using lower priced printing methods, such as digital printing rather than lithographic. I see a lot of your work is single colour. Look at getting these produced using risographic printing. This is a process that prints a single coloured dye at a time much like screen printing. I've found this is cheaper and quicker than screenprinting since it doesn't require a screen and someone to operate it.

Sorry didn't quiet work, here you go: Zuhayb Raja | Facebook just click on Something 2 Create.

If I can reduce cost's then I will save some money, do most printing companies have risographic printing? It's certainly I will look into if it all works out.

When you are buying print on behalf of a customer you must buy the best - which is not to say it will be the most expensive.

You have to know what type of print is suitable for which jobs... digital is fine for most small runs, risograph (which is rare to find in a decent size print company) can vary in quality and is basicaly a form of digital print using ink and a stencil (a kind of printing plate). Litho is needed for letterheads and longer runs (probably 500+ or 1000+) depending on size.
Riso is cheap because, unlike most digital, it does not have a 'click' charge (ie charge per copy). It does also need someone to run the machine - just not someone highly trained!

I agree with the above comments - the printing ultimately will reflect on you and what you do. You do get what you pay for!

If you want to impress, cheap printing will not do. I'm in the same dilemma you are though. Printing is pricey when you get small runs produced because of the cost associated with setting up a print run. Printing one thing and printing 20 is often the same price because there's a minimum cost a printer has to cover to make a profit. But you don't always need (or want) 10, 20, or 50 copies of something you've produced, you often just want one.

You can reduce the cost by using lower priced printing methods, such as digital printing rather than lithographic. I see a lot of your work is single colour. Look at getting these produced using risographic printing. This is a process that prints a single coloured dye at a time much like screen printing. I've found this is cheaper and quicker than screenprinting since it doesn't require a screen and someone to operate it.

Possessing a small home-run digital printer might be a good option to print small runs. Look for 2nd hand digital printers able to print on gloss as well as matt paper of weight up to 300gsm. These way you can save a lot of money printing small amounts rather than outsourcing every time.

I run printing services especially for university students, although we are primarily focused on large format printing (due to architecture and photography students need) we however can give good prices on what we offer.

As we print for students, our prices will be somewhat cheaper than others, but that doesn't compromise on the quality. We have multiple 12-colour photo grade large format printers and have print media ranging from 90gsm to 300+gsm Hahneumhle art paper, and mounting board too!

We run colour calibration from time to time to ensure colour accuracy which many of the local printshops here in Nottingham dont. I understand you are in Bristol, we can post printings out to customers, guarenteed next day available at additional cost. Usually prints are ready within 3 hours of receiving your files.

Adrian

Critprint.co.uk

Just to let you know I work for Portfolio Display we are more than happy to work with yourself. Whilst we might not be based in Bristol we are able to ship all over the country & Europe our rates are very competative. You tell me just what you are after & I will tell you just what I can & cant do :)

Thanks for the response, I want to advertise my company through banners, posters, banners that will go on vehicles.
I need to print my business logo 'Something 2 Create'.

Is this something you guys can do?

Hello Zeb,

Drop me an email [email protected] will reach me - alternatively call 0117 966 5566 and mention GDF. Happy to meet and provide a few pointers. We're in downtown Bedminster (close to Bristol Bridge).

Best wishes

Peter

Thanks for the response, I want to advertise my company through banners, posters, banners that will go on vehicles.
I need to print my business logo 'Something 2 Create'.

Is this something you guys can do?

Yes this is something that we can do - if you message me refer to GDF & the name of the company - we would be more than happy to supply your promotional display materials

Back