Where to find royalty free photos?

Stationery Direct

Administrator
Staff member
There are many sites offering royalty free photos, here is a loooooong list to choose from...

I have bolded my personal favourites:

Ablestock
www.ablestock.com

Alamy
www.alamy.com

Alaska Stock
www.alaskastock.com

Big Stock Photo
www.bigstockphoto.com

Corbis
www.corbis.com

Creatas
www.creatas.com

Crestock
www.crestock.com

Digital Juice
www.digitaljuice.com

Dreams Time
www.dreamstime.com

Fotolia

Foto Search
www.fotosearch.co.uk

fStop Images
www.fstopimages.com

Getty Images
www.gettyimages.com

Glasshouse Images
www.glasshouseimages.com

Image Vortex
www.imagevortex.com

Inmagine
www.inmagine.com

iStock Photo

Jupiter Images
www.jupiterimages.com

Laughing Stock
www.laughing-stock.com

Media Bakery
www.mediabakery.com

Panorama Stock
www.panoramastock.com

Photos.com
www.photos.com

Photo Alto
www.photoalto.com

Photocase
www.photocase.com

Shutter Stock
www.shutterstock.com

Stockphoto
www.stockphoto.com

SuperStock
www.superstock.com

Think Stock
www.thinkstock.com

Feel free to add more....

Don't forget MorgueFile (www.morguefile.com)

Huge archive of totally free images.
Although they may not be of the highest standard, there are some gems there and the MorgueFile license allows for commercial usage without attribution.

That is how they make there money. but if you see the image you need for a job you and its on shutter stock that is fine pay for it, if its a creative commons image even better.

Royalty free images are different from open source images. Royalty free you still pay for but only once. (subject to terms of company you buy from)

You pay for them once, per client. You can't reuse the same image for multiple clients, i.e., if you buy it for Company A, then you have to repurchase for Company B.

Build the price of stock images into the bill, and mark up the price for your time.

Also make sure to read the EULA of any image/site for the images you use, just because they're free doesn't mean they can be used for absolutely everything.

very true in most cases you can not use them as part of a logo design. You can in some case buy an extended licence which gives you more options, however in most cases they can not be used for part of a logo. there are other restrictions also.

also be aware of any restriction locally or country the work will be viewed in.

A company I used to work for got stung by Getty after the web design company they used put an image on their site without paying to use it again.
They have special software that scans the web searching for image algorithms. A bit like Google's image search.
I think it cost them about £800.
o_O

I have just launched my new website SnipStock! Its a website with over 5000 royalty free CUT-OUT images, yes they have no backgrounds! and 250 new cuts being added every week and the majority of all are images are completely free!

We have PNG and PSD files with the background retained in a mask layer, so you can bring it back if you like, giving you even more creative freedom with our images.

Get 4 free credits when you sign up and try us out.

www.snipstock.com

IMG-20160321-WA0000.jpg

Back