Where to find royalty free photos?

A company I used to work for got stung by Getty after the web design company they used put an image on their site without paying to use it again.
They have special software that scans the web searching for image algorithms. A bit like Google's image search.
I think it cost them about £800.
o_O
Ah yes Getty... the company that uses a tool/company to search for their images and then goes about suing the original content creator who has NOT given them permission to sell said items.... because they're already available for free via the US Library of Congress lol.

Ah yes Getty... the company that uses a tool/company to search for their images and then goes about suing the original content creator who has NOT given them permission to sell said items.... because they're already available for free via the US Library of Congress lol.

Getty Images/iStock has also decided to barely pay many of their photographers and illustrators anything. They are cutting the royalties of freelance photographers and illustrators by up to 93% on December 23, resulting in royalties as low as 2 cents. These royalties are much lower than what other competitors, such as Adobe Stock, Fotolia, Dreamstime, Shutterstock and Alamy, pay their artists. You can read about it here: https://blog.freelancersunion.org/2016/12/02/getty-images-istock-petition/

Basically, Getty Images/iStock will be taking 85% and only giving 15% to the freelance photographers and illustrators. If you have an extra minute we would really appreciate it if you let them know we deserve fair pay for our work by signing this petition: https://www.change.org/p/jonathan-klein-getty-images-istock-don-t-slash-our-royalties

Thank you

FYI Veer and Corbis no longer exists and can be removed from your list. Some other ones I did not see on the list include Adobe Stock, 123RF, Stockfresh, Pond5, and Can Stock Photo.

Edit: When I wrote this "Basically, Getty Images/iStock will be taking 85% and only giving 15% to the freelance photographers and illustrators" I meant that this will be the pay for some of cases, but they are at times going as low as only giving 93% and 2 cents to the photographers and illustrators. Either way, it is not good. I just wanted to clarify. Sorry for the confusion and thank you again.

You can visit Pixabay. It is so simple, easy to use site with nearly 65,000 photos and illustrations. All of the pictures may be used freely for any purpose, without attribution.
http://www.pixabay.com/

Jeepers! Inmagine selling images at 575£ - and I found the exact same images on Shutterstock and iStock for 24£!

Nice if you can get it... I suppose.

I have to say the same as many have said in this thread. Pixabay is a great choice. It has an enormous database of over 1020000 high quality photos, illustrations, and vector graphics. It's like a one-stop shop. You find everything you want there. Best of all. The files can be used for commercial purposes and you don't have to give an attribution.

And with any site offering free images - ensure you read the associated license with any image you obtain.

• Stock Legion
It is number 1 on my list because it’s got patterns like no one else has. They’re really exclusive and super pocket-friendly. You literally get 10 patterns for only 99 cents! And they don’t charge any license fee. I highly recommend stock legion because it’s the most affordable amongst all the other vector pattern providers. They also offer weekly giveaways of entire pattern sets!
  • Vexels
Vexels is yet another destination for you to find some really cool patterns, and are cheap even, but not as much Stock Legion’s. Their patterns also are pretty distinguished. So you can give it a shot too.
  • Freepix
Not as the same suggests you don’t get free patterns there, but you can definitely get pretty decent stock patterns at decent prices. So check it out!
These are the 3 most affordable stock pattern websites you can download your patterns from.

Back