Where to find FREE fonts?

My favourite has to be Font Squirrel ( www.fontsquirrel.com )

Quote from the website:

Free fonts have met their match. We know how hard it is to find quality freeware that is licensed for commercial work. We've done the hard work, hand-selecting these typefaces and presenting them in an easy-to-use format. Here are some of our favorites

They don't have a massive directory, but the website is clean, well presented and all the fonts are good for you to use in your projects. Worth a bookmark I reckon!

I also love font squirrel, but recently I have been finding some nice free fonts, but just googling say '50 great fonts' and you usually get a load of results of pages where other people have put together nice collections of fonts for you! :)

how would you define commercial use? How to use the font if it's free for private use but can't be used commercialy. Does it mean it can't be used at all or there are some conditions, no informations or whatsoever with the font (wolf's rain) and i need to use it for logo which is gonna be on the t-shirts :)
Thanks

how would you define commercial use? How to use the font if it's free for private use but can't be used commercialy. Does it mean it can't be used at all or there are some conditions, no informations or whatsoever with the font (wolf's rain) and i need to use it for logo which is gonna be on the t-shirts :)
Thanks
In the absence of any specific terms, generally speaking if somebody somewhere along the line is making a profit from the items with the font on, it's a commercial use.

Just to add I have just had a email from a font designer from da font asking for the licence. When downloading any font from there check the usage rights, there not always commercially free. But this has already been said. Just my experience recently, so I thought I would share. fontsquirrel.com also have some good commercially free fonts.

Cheers for the font squirrel heads up.

Does anyone know how to get rid of all this yak yak Asian garbage I have to sift through in Illustrator every time Im selecting a new font?

He's likely on about some of the unicode type fonts that come first in the list lol

I have, iirc it's basically all the foreign language fonts that can get installed via adobe.... can't remember how to delete them though off the top of my head.

Thanks anyway but I did manage to get rid of some and found a very long winded way of removing the rest. Its possible that because I bought this computer in Asia (which I often forget) that I have more yak yak than most people

Back