Where do you get your Business card printed?

>I<

Calling all printers and artist,

I'm looking for a recommended Business card printers and thought you guys could point me int he right direction. :confused:
I am print ready with a buisness card for my client. I ideally would like:

Double sided Print

380gsm art board (doesnt have to be exact)

matt laminated

88x55

I heard Vista prints card looks and feel cheap? is this true compared to other printers.

Would love some guidance ont his matter.(nod)

Many thanks

Thanks Tom. :)

Have you used them? If so what options this you go for and what was the outcome like?

Honestly im not advertising, infact im a 3d artist whi has done some designs as a favor looking to get them printed for a friend!

Was actually reading the Got Print reviewsand do not want to order from a company over seas. Im based in brum.
Moo looks good but again not based in the Uk. How can i prove to you im not advertising!

A friend who is paying me i might add ;-)

GoodPrint.co.uk - This seems the best so far for the qulaity. 400GSM Double sided based in the UK. Anybody else used them before?

MOO again. They're very nice quality and affordable even for small amounts. I'm in the UK and had no problems.

I'm planning on getting Moo cards in the next couple of months.. going to get some of the Luxe ones :)

Got some luxe cards for my dad on his retirement so he's still got a card with details he can give out even though he's now closed his company. Really impressed with the quality and presentation.

:up:

I can also attest to not only MOOs printing quality, but their customer service too, I will definitely be using them again.

My last purchase was of a 200 pack of classic business cards. I had an issue with the design which they resolved very quickly via email. They turned up very quickly and I was highly impressed (not only by the design ;)) with what I saw when I opened the box.

I have to say... I've been handed some really disgusting, cheap looking business cards before. You know, the 'design them yourself' with a big printing advert on the back... horrendous things. Their cards are so far up the other end of the scale and don't cost a fortune. They 350gsm, which is definitely sufficient. Unless you're at the top of some national/international corporation then this is all the fancy you need!

Refer A Friend | moo.com - 10% off your first order!

By clicking the above link, it will take you to their site and give you 10% off your first order too :) (this applies to the first order from a new account)

Blowing your own trumpet? No one here works for or with Moo (that I know of) they just provide a good service which people are happy to pass on. It's always good to have options though :)

Ahh yes I see, I misread it. There should probably be a comma in there somewhere though!

Just a quick point on Moo as i've just had some Luxe interim cards. Whilst no denying the weight/ stock used is great for the money, the print quality isn't the greatest in my opinion on large solid areas of colour, when compared to a normal litho print. However for the money I'd still recommend them, unless you need large quantities. They'll do until I can justify to myself getting some proper chunky blind embossed ones printed.

moo for me too when i want good quality, for low runs on more price sensitive customers I use cards made easy matt lam ones.

I agree vista cards are shocking, may as well run them through your inkjet than use them

>I<;97984 said:
Calling all printers and artist,

I'm looking for a recommended Business card printers and thought you guys could point me int he right direction. :confused:
I am print ready with a buisness card for my client. I ideally would like:

Double sided Print

380gsm art board (doesnt have to be exact)

matt laminated

88x55

I heard Vista prints card looks and feel cheap? is this true compared to other printers.

Would love some guidance ont his matter.(nod)

Many thanks

I know everyone is suggesting Moo but you might want to give Solopress a go they are a really good quality business card printer with 24 hour turnaround so if you need them urgently they're pretty good. They got some good sample packs to, one of which I've got sitting in the office which gives you a feel of all the great quality. Hope this helps.

It looks like everyone has chosen Moo for business card printing but I'm just wondering what is it about them that makes them so good because I ordered a sample pack from Solopress which seemed quite good, just ordered some from Moo? There's Vistaprint too but they look like the cheaper end of the scale. A lot of you were going on about the Luxe cards too.

So yeah in a round about way my question is what makes Moo the chosen business card over Vistaprint, Solopress, Printing.com and a few other UK printers?

what makes Moo the chosen business card over Vistaprint, Solopress, Printing.com and a few other UK printers?

Basically because you can print very low quantities, at low cost but good quality. Quick turnaround and ability to use multiple images/ artwork is also a bonus.

They are a company with flare, you only need to see their website to understand this. They are geared up specifically for people like us and their services show this. They aren't simply a huge printing company that decided one day they would start trying to sell to people who don't want print runs of 10k and upwards through a horribly cluttered and dated website.

Their Print Finity service allows you to choose one image for the front of your document (let's say business card) and you can then choose multiple images to be on the other side all in the same print run. So f you were to order 100 business cards, you could have 5 lots of 20 cards each with a different design (or photo) on the back, that's just one reason why I believe they are ahead of the competition.

I'd have to agree with @inspiringprint - I have had the best experience with Solopress. Their customer service is great (I'm on great terms with my account manager) and the service is speedy, reliable, good quality and most importantly v cheap. I got my own cards printed from them and I wouldn't do that if they weren't good quality.

Back