Where do you get your Business card printed?

Moo are basically a poor mans answer to letterpress printing. There's nothing wrong with that as the product is actually very good but the print is only as good as you'd expect from a digital printer.

Litho printers I would recommend for good quality business stationery would be Solo Press, Stationery Direct, or Fairprint. If you want reasonably priced Spot UV, Aubergine do big monthly runs.

Printers I would recommend for those special jobs (ie; edge painted, letterpress, hot foil) would be Evolution, ProCo or Aurora Print.

Aubergine Print Aubergine Print for me, not the cheapest but still very reasonable (for business cards anyway) but the quality, customer service and delivery times are all superb and worth every penny. Not to mention on a trade account you don't have to pay for 30 days so you get a chance to get the money out of the client so you're not out of pocket. Although I always tell the client I have to pay for the printing up front which helps get money out of them sooner :)

They are expensive for leaflets etc. so I used prining hub.co.uk but they seem to have been taken over or something as the website direct so syncoms.co.uk

I love when I can add the printing to my jobs as I can generally mark up my trade prices by up to 40% and still put in a quote equal to any highstreet printer.

Calling all printers and artist,

I'm looking for a recommended Business card printers and thought you guys could point me int he right direction. :confused:
I am print ready with a buisness card for my client. I ideally would like:

Double sided Print

380gsm art board (doesnt have to be exact)

matt laminated

88x55

I heard Vista prints card looks and feel cheap? is this true compared to other printers.

Would love some guidance ont his matter.(nod)

Many thanks

Hi,

The highest paper weight we do is 350gsm..

But for

Double Sided

350gsm

Matt Laminated

88x55

It would cost:

100- £12.36
500 - £ 39.26

But you can order what ever quantity you would like.
http://www.printed.com/create/8/1/

Hope that helps.

I use Sense Creative for mine which are 350gsm double sided litho with spot UV. I think it cost £40 for 250 but the more you buy the cheaper they are

Anywhere but Vista Print in all seriousness...check out some of your local companies, I always like to give them a bit of support rather than going to Moo all the time, just make sure they have good reviews and show you some demo's maybe.

Hi,

For business cards of that spec. apart from the gsm we unfortunately dont offer 380gsm - however with 350gsm it would cost £12.36 for 100 business cards however the more you order the unit price will go down.

If you would like a sample pack please contact me.

I always use either Stationery Direct or Minuteman Press Bristol :) Both are great guys and great printers!

Designers business cards need to be something special - 500gsm minimum (not digital) - http://www.cardnerd.com/

If the design requires litho look for 580gsm matt lam.

Moo are really good, but for some great cheap printing that's bang on the button check out Saxoprint . They are in Germany but deliver within 2/3 days - cheap as chips and great quality and price

Moo are great, and there Luxe cards although expensive are really nice.
I've recently received the sample pack from www.rugbyprinter.co.uk and the business cards in it were top notch.
They offer foil blocking, spot UV, embossing and are very reasonably priced, I'll be using them for the next batch of business cards I order myself and future clients.

Has anyone tried Blush Publishing before? They do fantastic letterpress business cards, but never had the budget myself to try them out!

Tony Hardy said:
Has anyone tried Blush Publishing before? They do fantastic letterpress business cards, but never had the budget myself to try them out!
Might have to buy some of the typeface A3 posters - they'd look great on my wall round the computer...

RussellHall said:
Just a quick point on Moo as i've just had some Luxe interim cards. Whilst no denying the weight/ stock used is great for the money, the print quality isn't the greatest in my opinion on large solid areas of colour, when compared to a normal litho print. However for the money I'd still recommend them, unless you need large quantities. They'll do until I can justify to myself getting some proper chunky blind embossed ones printed.
The Moo Luxe cards are ok for the price, better than the thin stuff - I've used them in the past for a customer who wanted gold foiled business cards and also a photograph on the back.

Moo are really expensive for what they are. And the quality seems to be lacking compared to a decent printer. I strongly urge anyone that's going to get cards printed to check out the Offer in our Offers forum :)

I've just asked for a sample pack from Printed.com and Moo so fingers crossed.
Blush Publishing though from what I've seen have produced some awesome results for others, however I am pretty much a pauper these days. Can't believe I got my last batch of business cards from Vistaprint, they were so flimsy and cheap. Get what you pay for I suppose.

Back