Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do I go for work

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by this_is_peter, Dec 20, 2010.

1. this_is_peter

this_is_peter New Member

Just spending some time looking over the various sites for some new clients/work and I noticed People Per Hour. It seems that you can quote on work there, which seems a good idea when work is slow.

Does anyone else know of other sites similar that I can go to to get new clients.

Ta

2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

3. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

People per hour is a waste of bloody time. You'll get undercut. No matter how cheap you are, you'll get undercut. Or asked to design a logo for 2p, for which 60 people will bid. If anyone's found it to be any different, let me know. The best way to get new biz- get a good portfolio together and go out and see people.

4. this_is_peter

this_is_peter New Member

Thanks Boss. I am taking a look. SparkCreative you seem to be correct. Everyone wants the earth for a tenner!!! slave labour if you ask me. Oh well. I will keep trawling the tinternet.

5. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

Agreed that the majority of the jobs are a waste of time, but if you're selective and only look for the few that have a fair budget then it's surprising what chances a good, well-written bid can get you.

To me, the ones with a fair budget are the ones who are realistic and aren't just looking for the cheapest option and, if you can bid fairly but also sell yourself well then I think those are also the ones who will be happy to pay slightly more than the lowest bids to form a working relationship with you.

Though yes, nine times out of ten they are a waste of time!

6. this_is_peter

this_is_peter New Member

And you may laugh. But I have just won a job from PPH 1 sided flyer £70

Not that bad after all. Even minus the £15.00 fee.

7. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

Exactly - if you've nothing on then what's the harm in bidding?

8. CarmaCreative

CarmaCreative Member

I will second Spark Creative on that. People Per Hour is not worth the effort. Tried it a couple of years ago.

But then again it was fairly new then. So who knows maybe it has gotten better since.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  9. this_is_peter

this_is_peter New Member

It hasn't :icon_mad:

10. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

First job I clicked on had this description

Vague or what?!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  11. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Also...