Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are we all?

Discussion in 'GDF Feedback & Help:' started by pcbranding, Jun 23, 2011.

1. pcbranding

pcbranding Member

Just a thought, does nyone know of any automated plugin that could take our home town from our profile and place it on a map?

Thought it might be useful and 'nice' to see where we are in relation to each other and it might help create the odd working relationship between those in similar location. Or even just to know who might be up for a pint and a chat.

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

I know there is ways of publicly adding locations to a map but I have no idea how it's done. Can you have the option in Google maps? I know you can create your own maps but allowing others to add to it, I'm not sure.

I think it's a good idea though. There's so many people on these boards based in Manchester it would be interesting to see just how close we all are :)
  3. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

The Google Maps API is pretty user-friendly. You can just embed the code in an image tag, with a postcode in it for area and marker, and it will display as a static jpeg. Interactive maps are more complex but I have experience with them. Just depends if folks want to add their postcode and how to make it work with the forum software...
  4. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Yeah may look at integrating this, will be upgrading the forum to vB4 soon so will have a look after this upgrade, remind me if I forget though :icon_thumbup:
  5. pcbranding

pcbranding Member

That would be great! It's only an idea, but think it would be great to potentially link up with other local designers.

6. pcbranding

pcbranding Member

Cool :)

No pressure Boss, but it is Friday and we could potentially be going out for a pint with a fellow designer tonight! (Assuming we have nothing more interesting to do!!)
  7. Stationery Direct

Don't give me any more stress, I can feel the hairs dropping off my head as it is lol. This is the plugin...I'll take a look when the upgrade has been done :icon_biggrin:
  8. When will this be, could the forum be down at this time?
  9. Stationery Direct

Maybe but unless you are online at 1am it won't affect anyone :icon_wink:
  10. I kind of meant date really as opposed to time :icon_cheers: