When website design goes wrong!

Blarrhhh

Blarrrghhh it almost hurts!

Reminds me of my dining room on New Years Eve and my realisation that the disco lights I'd purchased were a tad powerful compared to the size of the room :)

Amanda

Maybe I'm stating the obvious here but that overload is the intent. Think of it as a performance piece rather than a functional website and it makes sense. It isn't meant to fit the ideals of good design anymore than a deep fried candy bar is supposed to be good nutrition.

Hi Tom, welcome to the forums.

I know where you're coming from, but I disagree. That's just plain overkill. If that style was used in a less destructive manner, I would agree, but the way it is, it just hurts.

Oh, I'm not saying anyone has to like it. I'm just saying that what they are doing is completely intentional and supposed to hurt.

I've talked to them about this enough to know it to be the case.

Also, good to be here, thanks for the greeting. I'm hoping to find a few ideas to test me and raise my skills a bit.

Yeah, I know what you mean, they're going for it to be noticed. Still shocking though :icon_tongue_smilie:

Possible marketing idea?

They have created the site to be sooooo mad that everyone posts messages about it emails people etc which drives the traffic up!

Maybe we should have some flashing stuff hmmmmm

Yeah, I know what you mean, they're going for it to be noticed. Still shocking though :icon_tongue_smilie:

It's impossible not to notice it with that design!

Good job i don't have epilepsy! :icon_lol:

Still my eyes are hurting LOL :icon_scared:

First of all I was shocked like the rest of everyone on here! Garish, over the top etc
But it's the most original unique website I've seen today!
I like it when people try something different. From a design point of view it's all over the place but that's not the purpose of the design. It's meant to shock, get your attention and it certainly does that!!!

Greg

Back