When to learn Illustrator...

My basic ideas are, but of course depends on the project

Illustrator for creating any illustrations, logos, graphs, charts, I also do a lot of cover designs
Photoshop for editing photos
Indesign for putting it all together, adding text etc

I started using Illustrator, took me a good couple of years to learn properly, then Indesign as most of my work is print based, book layouts, logos, magazines, only really used photoshop to edit photos and to create the odd piece of personal artwork.

Now Im starting to properly learn web design, used to dable a bit new a bit of HTML but no CSS, Im trying to do the layouts in Photoshop but for me its just hard to get photoshop to be exact.

Yeah, so you started with Illustrator Naga, i started with infact GIMP. Didn't like it and invested towards Photoshop.

I learn that for a good year, then stopped as i got more into the coding side. Desktop programming, C++, C~, VB.Net and many more. Others i tried include such like.. Pascal(Delphi), Purebasic, RealBasic, Haskell, Perl, Python, AutoIT and many more. I only really stook with C# and VB.Net to and okay stage before i just wasn't the man for that.

I picked up photoshop again and got back into web templates etc. Naga, you will get the nack of it before you know it, it's nothing toooooo hard. Illustrator for me is hard/er. Layouts aint a bad thing to get into, i love it :D

i use illustrator, photoshop and indesign every single day, and more often than not a job will need a combination of all 3. you should definitely learn as much as you can while you are young and have the time. I had to learn indesign on the job and it wasnt easy learning as you go!
________
BUY NO2 VAPORIZER

Back