Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WhatTheFont for the iPhone and its a FREE app!

Discussion in 'Font Forum:' started by dot design, Feb 11, 2009.

1. dot design

dot design Member

How great is this, and its FREE!:

swissmiss | WhatTheFont for the iPhone! YAY!!

With the iPhone version of WhatTheFont you can use the phone’s built-in camera to photograph the text in question (or choose an existing image from your photo albums). The app allows you to crop the image, focusing on only the important parts before uploading. After confirming which characters are used in the image, the app provides a list of possible matching fonts. You can then either e-mail a link to a MyFonts page with more info on that font, or open it up in the iPhone’s built-in Safari web browser.

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Wow, that sounds great! Just wish I had an iPhone now! :rolleyes:
    I wonder how long it will remain free? Have you got an iPhone/tried it out Gareth?

3. dot design

dot design Member

Sorting as we speak, will give you the verdict a little later...

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

Great, look forward to hearing how accurate this is! :)

5. Awesome! Just downloaded it! thanks for the heads up Dot!

Checking it out now! :)

6. mm, 0 out of 3 for me so far.

I have tried Arial, Times New Roman and Helvetica- no matches...it did find some very obscure fonts which are similar though lol!.

*Edit*

It found Officina Sans Bold OS (Linotype) off the cover of one of my design books!

7. dot design

dot design Member

Yeah, just did a super quick trial. its alittle hit and miss but I think more hit than miss...