What's your favourite and most hated font?

berry

Ok, we're going to give Comic Sans amnesty in this thread as the poor buggers had a hard time for the last 2 years.
My fav font is: Dax,
because of the large x height and slight condensed feel it works great in small point size and every now and then I have to pull it out of it's Suitcase to help me out
My least fav font is: Souvenir
because I spent 3 years having to hand-draw that bastard ugly font in 4 different weights with a marker in nearly visual I did when I started out. ( for those of you who may look confused with the term 'hand-draw' - It's what we did for 8 hours a day before Steve Jobs got his act together in '84 )

Favorite at the moment is Century Gothic which has become my go to web font as its clean and available as standard on most systems.
Least favorite remains Papyrus as, like comic sans it gets used to death.

I like Gotham. It's a nice alternative to Helvetica. I also really rate Futura, but the point on at the top of the capital A is fairly over the top.
I don't really have a least favourite. There are far too many bad fonts. Papyrus, Comic Sans etc used to death. Army Stencil is awful. Base 02 has been used by every rock band in the last 10 years. Not a huge fan of Garamond.

My favourite is Gill Sans. The regular and condensed versions especially. Bold is very very bold.
I cringe when I see Papyrus used for so many rather high-profile things...

Jimlad said:
My favourite is Gill Sans. The regular and condensed versions especially. Bold is very very bold.
Gill Sans is lovely. So is Gill Sans MT, the a shape on both of them is a little off though? You're right about the bold though. Too bold.

I'm going through a bit of a vintage font phase at the moment but I think just now my fav is League Gothic.Have to say that I really started to dislike Dax but only because the designer who I used to work with (and didn't like) used to use it for EVERYTHING.

Berry said:
for those of you who may look confused with the term 'hand-draw' - It's what we did for 8 hours a day before Steve Jobs got his act together in '84 )

Ahhh the old hand draw days... That should be on BBoL!

Back