What's the worst thing about the recession?

Any suggestions? For me it's...

MBNA no longer writing on a weekly basis offering shiny credit cards - how I miss them. I even wrote deceased, return to sender, remove from mailing list - on the envelopes and put them back in the post box. The result was that temporarily the post went to my wife (theoretical widow).

Has to be the fact that our fixed rate mortgage has run its fixed rate course and is now tracking the base rate + 0.5%. As a result our repayments have never been lower... Damn Blast that sucks!!!!

Stationery Direct

Administrator
Staff member
Has to be the fact that our fixed rate mortgage has run its fixed rate course and is now tracking the base rate + 0.5%. As a result our repayments have never been lower... Damn Blast that sucks!!!!
We come out of our fixed rate in August, looking forward to overpaying for a while. Watched a program last night and you can knock 3/5/7 years off your mortgage life by overpaying, perfect time to do this.

low rates

My rate just ended, grabbing myself a juicy new rate this month, ha ha!!! :) Plus I'm dropping the term down to 12yrs so it ends when I'm 48yrs old.

I remember that ten years ago I used to pay my mortgage on a rate of 8%! These 'young uns' don't know when they've got it good.

Every economic climate has it's challenges.

Amanda

Our mortgage has dropped by nearly £300 per month.............Unfortunatly, hubbies wage has been relative :icon_thumbdown: