Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the worst thing about the recession?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Minuteman Press, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Any suggestions? For me it's...

MBNA no longer writing on a weekly basis offering shiny credit cards - how I miss them. I even wrote deceased, return to sender, remove from mailing list - on the envelopes and put them back in the post box. The result was that temporarily the post went to my wife (theoretical widow).

2. dogsbody

dogsbody Member

Probably getting laid off next week for all the wrong reasons

3. Has to be the fact that our fixed rate mortgage has run its fixed rate course and is now tracking the base rate + 0.5%. As a result our repayments have never been lower... Damn Blast that sucks!!!!

4. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

We come out of our fixed rate in August, looking forward to overpaying for a while. Watched a program last night and you can knock 3/5/7 years off your mortgage life by overpaying, perfect time to do this.

5. VLAHAKISA

VLAHAKISA Member

low rates

My rate just ended, grabbing myself a juicy new rate this month, ha ha!!! :) Plus I'm dropping the term down to 12yrs so it ends when I'm 48yrs old.

I remember that ten years ago I used to pay my mortgage on a rate of 8%! These 'young uns' don't know when they've got it good.

Every economic climate has it's challenges.

Amanda

6. Helen

Helen Member

Our mortgage has dropped by nearly £300 per month.............Unfortunatly, hubbies wage has been relative :icon_thumbdown:

7. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

MBNA do now write. I was hasty.

8. dot design

dot design Member

A massive increase in spam messages from desparate members on Ecademy!

9. timhoggarth

timhoggarth New Member

lack of work...

the lack of work is the worst thing, hopefully going freelance will be a plus side but i very much doubt it!