What's the best way to...

Is this an HTML email by any chance? Or do you want a flat image?

chrismitchell said:
Is this an HTML email by any chance? Or do you want a flat image?

Err I know I didn't start the thread but I want to make an html one that you can click through to our site and ting.

How bout you Ally?

Tom Sound said:
Err I know I didn't start the thread but I want to make an html one that you can click through to our site and ting.

that ain't easy. You need to code in tables, use images a lot and use no CSS. Oh and a means of actually sending the mailout.

Harry said:
that ain't easy. You need to code in tables, use images a lot and use no CSS. Oh and a means of actually sending the mailout.

So, everything you're not normally supposed to do?

I'm no expert but I guess it would be because you can't really link to server side CSS files.

Edit -

Or maybe email browsers can't interpret CSS >_>.

Tom Sound said:
So, everything you're not normally supposed to do?

Hehe, yep :(

ralphsaunders said:
I'm no expert but I guess it would be because you can't really link to server side CSS files.

Edit -

Or maybe email browsers can't interpret CSS >_>.

It's because some can, some can't, and in some cases, if your email had a style of body{background:red;} and you open it in a webmail client like hotmail, it could make the actual hotmail site's background red.

Well I just want it to open in the person's email instead of an attachment. Maybe clickable to a website link.

You need a very basic HTML email template, and then a link to a webpage. Is there a budget for this? i.e. could you outsource it?

Oh no, you could learn it. It's just horrible haha. It's like going back 15 years and coding then.

Oh I see. But would it be a good thing to learn, just so I know, like for the future. Is it the same process to make a newsletter? If so prob would be advantageous to learn.

If you have a tutorial or anything, would be helpful :)

Back