Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the best way to...

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by allyally2k, Feb 3, 2010.

1. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

make an eflyer?
  2. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

no idea, but I'd like to know too.

3. Romack

Romack Senior Member

isn't an eflyer just a flat jpeg...
  4. Is this an HTML email by any chance? Or do you want a flat image?
  5. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Err I know I didn't start the thread but I want to make an html one that you can click through to our site and ting.

How bout you Ally?
  6. Harry

Harry Senior Member

that ain't easy. You need to code in tables, use images a lot and use no CSS. Oh and a means of actually sending the mailout.
  7. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

So, everything you're not normally supposed to do?
  8. ralphsaunders

ralphsaunders Senior Member

I'm no expert but I guess it would be because you can't really link to server side CSS files.

Edit -

Or maybe email browsers can't interpret CSS >_>.
  9. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Hehe, yep :(

It's because some can, some can't, and in some cases, if your email had a style of body{background:red;} and you open it in a webmail client like hotmail, it could make the actual hotmail site's background red.
  10. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Well I just want it to open in the person's email instead of an attachment. Maybe clickable to a website link.
  11. Harry

Harry Senior Member

You need a very basic HTML email template, and then a link to a webpage. Is there a budget for this? i.e. could you outsource it?
  12. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Do you not think that I could maybe just learn how to do it? Or is it too complicated?!
  13. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Oh no, you could learn it. It's just horrible haha. It's like going back 15 years and coding then.
  14. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Oh I see. But would it be a good thing to learn, just so I know, like for the future. Is it the same process to make a newsletter? If so prob would be advantageous to learn.

If you have a tutorial or anything, would be helpful :)
  15. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Yeah there's no harm in learning it at all.

And as far as tutorials go, 'fraid I don't know any :(
    Best bet is us tables, no CSS, and use the font element with color attributes instead.
    I do have this that you can pick through though: Merry Christmas from Harry Roberts—CSS Wizardry