whats the best way to do this

TomStutt

Hey all

Whats the best technique to do something like this.

View attachment 615

Then I can change the image each time without printing out the poster etc.

Ta

Attachments

• brasil.jpg
    brasil.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 30
does make me a bit sick to tell the truth... no longer does a designer need to arrange a guy to hold a piece of paper while you take a photo of it...

a little bit of me just died inside...

im not keen on paying for something like this. well i wouldnt pay for it as i know i can do it. i was just wondering if there was a technique of doing it as i would want to change the image.

Its easy enough to do, but the gomedia stuff is top notch, with fold layers, textures...

As a time saving exercise they are great!

Not sure how there's anything wrong in buying templates. How long is it going to take me to make such a high quality template in that format myself? I could be doing work for clients in that time and making much more than I'm paying for the pre-made template.

mrp2049 said:
Its easy enough to do, but the gomedia stuff is top notch, with fold layers, textures...

As a time saving exercise they are great!

I was thinking that, sometimes it's quicker to get a 'stock' image than it is to go out and do it yourself. Yes it's simple enough to do but you kind of need the imagery first and that might end up costing you more than the 25 quid they're asking for.

Exactly, time, cost etc. Its not a bad thing, its not like we are talking about some of the stuff gomedia do! You could make a whole design out of that **** with zero work!

Then you are seriously sacrificing the point of your design for it!

Hi Tom, why don't you use then pen tool in Photoshop, draw around the poster, make a selection, invert it, make a layer mask from your selection and then you can add any poster as a new layer and apply the mask to give you the desired effect. Is that what you are after?
________
Colorado medical marijuana dispensary

davewill said:
Hi Tom, why don't you use then pen tool in Photoshop, draw around the poster, make a selection, invert it, make a layer mask from your selection and then you can add any poster as a new layer and apply the mask to give you the desired effect. Is that what you are after?

exactly that, cheers dave. and thanks to everyone else.

I have decided to get the posters printed. It costs 45p for a colour A3 print on 300gsm and then i can put them in a folio somewhere. il get the wife to take the picture.

Back