• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What's happening out there!

hankscorpio

Staff member
Just invoiced a busy month, over 100 jobs, designed, printed and processed. Now it's all gone quiet, probably helps that it's 21 degrees outside!

What's everyone up to?

I'm a bit bored here today. Next week should be busier though as a work colleague heads off on their wedding!

Paul Murray

Staff member
Freelance studio work is quiet (presumably because I've been replaced). I've just gotten a nice remittance advice so I'm planning on taking it slow for a few days and maybe getting reacquainted with my PS4.

hankscorpio

Staff member
Congrats on the remittance advice! Nice to get paid lol :)

Yeh, I'm waiting to get some downtime to hit back into GTA V - can't wait for a weekend to myself, which should be this weekend! I've got permission from the other half to play footie with the lads and go drinking afterwards - I reckon I put a few hours GTA V in there somehow!

Well I'm on countdown to a holiday away in Cornwall next week for my 31st birthday, so a slow week for me :/ but yay to holidays, and boo to turning 31.

hankscorpio

Staff member
Ah sure it's all downhill from 21 isn't it lol - Cornwall is lovely I was there on a driving holiday last year, didn't quite make it as far as Cornwall but it was good the part we got to.

Paul Murray

Staff member
I'm 31 next, and I still can't believe I'm responsible for my own well being. Sometimes I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I realise Im actually starting to look like a responsible adult and I don't think I like it…

Paul Murray

Staff member
Yeh, I'm waiting to get some downtime to hit back into GTA V - can't wait for a weekend to myself, which should be this weekend! I've got permission from the other half to play footie with the lads and go drinking afterwards - I reckon I put a few hours GTA V in there somehow!

I picked up the new Doom today, it's so much fun! Strangely it actually feels like playing an updated version of the original, running round dodging fireballs, chainsawing enemies in half. I recommend it if you fancy some mindless carnage after a stressful day.

@GCarlD

I have been a bit busy too which is nice, although now I have more or less completed the briefs, I fear the oh too familiar, dreaded quiet period is looming. The projects were nice while they lasted; time to go back to being depressed, begging for work soon.
fml :(

I picked up the new Doom today, it's so much fun! Strangely it actually feels like playing an updated version of the original, running round dodging fireballs, chainsawing enemies in half. I recommend it if you fancy some mindless carnage after a stressful day.
I don't want to be off topic but what is your opinion about Uncharted 4 ? Have you played ? I am planning to buy it :-s

hankscorpio

Staff member
I love the Unchartered games! One of the first ones I picked up for the PS3. I haven't yet got into Unchartered 4. I need to send the missus away on a holiday or something...

I'm 31 next, and I still can't believe I'm responsible for my own well being. Sometimes I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I realise Im actually starting to look like a responsible adult and I don't think I like it…
I'm rather enjoying being 30, I just don't look it at all and my issue is that people talk to me like I'm a 20 year old, like when 20 something girls call me sweetie and talk down to me :mad:

Paul Murray

Staff member
I'm rather enjoying being 30, I just don't look it at all and my issue is that people talk to me like I'm a 20 year old, like when 20 something girls call me sweetie and talk down to me :mad:
People seem to think I look about 23. If they have a guess at my age it's usually that number. I suppose I should be happy I look 7 years younger???

bigdave

Staff member
I seem to be slap bang in the middle of one of those quiet periods. I've got 2 massive jobs on the horizon but they'll not be landing for a while so I'm scratching around in the dirt looking for scraps at the moment. :(

I've recently bought GTA V and FIFA 16 so that's helped fill my time quite well. :D