What's best to do?

Katedesign

Big client I would love to do work for has put out a leaflet that has certainly two 'typos' (there instead of their and were instead of we're). I have just written to them...need to do a follow-up call. Should I mention them? My letter does mention that I proof-read everything v. carefully.

What are your thoughts?

I think I would. I can't see how this would go against you and a designer who proof-reads is obviously something they are lacking at the moment! As long as you're tactful I think it would make you look good that you've noticed.

Hi Kate,

You mentioned that you'd love to do work for them - so you're approaching them for possible business?

It is certainly a selling point in your favour - face to face is of course better, but I'm assuming they're a distance away - I would mention, in a very constructive way. Demonstrates your eye for detail and will make the prospective client think.

Trying to avoid spelling mistakes in my reply!

Best wishes

Peter

I'd agree with the previous comments. They have used someone that's not so good and going to someone that they are anticipating is better. I would tell them and hopefully earn some brownie points in doing so. It can't hurt, what's done is done and I think they would be happy you've told them. I would be.

They might have thousands of them leaflets left to give out and you could save them further embarrassment.

Thanks - I'm sure it's just a question of being diplomatic! The designers they are using are/were very good (I know them from ages ago) but I thought they had closed down!

I may try and get in front of the client... but to mention it may be the best way to get a foot in the door!

Thanks - I'm sure it's just a question of being diplomatic! The designers they are using are/were very good (I know them from ages ago) but I thought they had closed down!

I may try and get in front of the client... but to mention it may be the best way to get a foot in the door!

It's dog eat dog and if it was the other way round I'm sure they would make them aware of your mistake. They can't be entirely convinced by the other design firm if they are on the lookout for a new designer anyway. If it was me I'd take full advantage of it and not think about it as dirty tactics but business in the real world. Good luck!

Back