what you think of this logo?

xsaber

Hey I tried creating one of my first logo's in photoshop.
What do you think?

I'm very new, any feedback would be cool :)

Attachments

• 7echlogo.png
    7echlogo.png
    185.4 KB · Views: 77
Be careful in photoshop. Best to have vector logos (i.e. made on illustrator), so you can scale up and down without loss of quality. Have you tested in greyscale and on small and large scales?

GibbonIt said:
Be careful in photoshop. Best to have vector logos (i.e. made on illustrator), so you can scale up and down without loss of quality. Have you tested in greyscale and on small and large scales?
What's greyscale?
Nope, The only dimension I've tried it in is 1024x1024
When I think about it, a logo that big, shit.
And yeah its probably gonna get less quality if I want to try and decrease its size.
hmm

Well, you can do vectors in Photoshop (PS) too, not just Illustrator (Illy). However, logos should definitely be made in vector format, especially for a client. However I get the feeling that xsaber has only one purpose for this logo, his forum, and so it's probably not going to benefit him a whole lot to do all of that extra work.
Greyscale is simply a monotone graphic, whereby it only consists of varying shades of grey - no colour. The reason for testing in such a manner is that companies can often use a logo in many different circumstances that might not have been considered at first. For example, the coloured logo might be printed on a black and white printer and so if the logo doesn't look good in black and white then it's simply a bad design that isn't fit for purpose. But as I've already mentioned, I don't think any of this really applies to you.
Unfortunately the legibility of your logo is very poor, especially the first and last characters. It looks like nech. More importantly, PS effects, such as drop shadows, are very rarely used in professional logos, because it looks old fashioned and cheap.
If you want to learn graphic design then I suggest that you read up on some tutorials, they have some great resources at tutsplus: http://psd.tutsplus.com/

Sean Lee-Amies said:
Well, you can do vectors in Photoshop (PS) too, not just Illustrator (Illy). However, logos should definitely be made in vector format, especially for a client. However I get the feeling that xsaber has only one purpose for this logo, his forum, and so it's probably not going to benefit him a whole lot to do all of that extra work.
Greyscale is simply a monotone graphic, whereby it only consists of varying shades of grey - no colour. The reason for testing in such a manner is that companies can often use a logo in many different circumstances that might not have been considered at first. For example, the coloured logo might be printed on a black and white printer and so if the logo doesn't look good in black and white then it's simply a bad design that isn't fit for purpose. But as I've already mentioned, I don't think any of this really applies to you.
Unfortunately the legibility of your logo is very poor, especially the first and last characters. It looks like nech. More importantly, PS effects, such as drop shadows, are very rarely used in professional logos, because it looks old fashioned and cheap.
If you want to learn graphic design then I suggest that you read up on some tutorials, they have some great resources at tutsplus: http://psd.tutsplus.com/
Well said Sean.
True, you can do vectors in PS, but I always find it best to do it in illy if you can (but that's just personal choice)

Back