What would you have been if not a designer?

Ah I wish I could say the same as you Soprano, I'm constantly battling with the question am I in the right career? and it's quite nice to hear I'm not alone! It sounds like a fantasy but I've always dreamed of being a dancer. Street, jazz, contemporary you name it I'd be happy to have studied it, and regret not doing so. Or more realistically but still fantastical a travel journalist.

I do enjoy graphic design but I'm happiest when I'm taking on my own clients/projects. I guess I resent working 'for' other companies even when I'm freelancing. I often have thoughts of going into partnership with other like-minded people or with friends who are designers but I lack the confidence. If I knew of anyone more senior and experienced who wanted to work in partnership I would definitely go for it! On that note, does anyone know of anyone? or have any suggestions?!

Thanks! and sorry for hijacking your thread :icon_blushing:

Well if it wasent for the computer games course I woulda
tried to get into the Raf as a pilot

(now i can fly planes without leaving my house or the concept of death so everyone wins)

I was an Art Teacher - long time ago when teaching was fun. Originally wanted to be an Interior Designer but at the age of 10 thought it meant that I would have to paint the walls - actually not sure that Interior Design had been invented back then.

I would have made a great film star/actress!

Hopefully I taught them something!

Even if it was only that with cyan, magenta, yellow, black and white paint you can mix 100s of colour!

I was going to be a photographer and applied to college to do courses on it but pulled out at last minute to to design. It's worked out quite well because I do both now and my partner Kenny is also a photographer.

But... if I couldn't be a designer, I think I would be a travel writer if I could earn good money from it. Although, I am learning how to do it, in my free time. :icon_biggrin:

Stockman of a Fisherman. have a little small holding near the coast 2-3 ace's and do something really natural and animalistic, just live to survive!

As cross between Ray Meers and Hugh Fernley-Whittingstall! (man i would be ugly)

Back