What to expect cost wise when hiring freelancers.

Monk

Greetings!

Hope this is the right forum. My company are after six banners for our website with text and our logo on there somewhere. Apparently we will provide the fonts and the brand guidelines and info to use on the banners.

I was hoping someone might be able to give me a ballpark figure about what to expect so we can budget the project before contacting freelancers. Is there a "going rate" for banners? Really sorry, I'm new to this graphic design world but a colleague recommended asking here.

I can't imagine it taking someone in the know more than a few hours?

I can't imagine it taking someone in the know more than a few hours?
Honestly it really depends on what you're after in the banner. Something might look fairly simple to you but the work that has gone into it might have taken considerably more than a few hours.

As to price... hourly rates are usually around the £20-50 on average for people who do this for a living, although you might just get a set price given as well.

If you want you can start a tender thread at the link below for some prices to see what it would cost and hire someone if you like the price etc... The more information the better of course.
http://www.graphicdesignforums.co.uk/forums/tenders-services-required-forum.12/

If all the banners are all the same then I'd be charging 2 hours for the first set of 3 design options - where you pick the design you want to use.
Then 15 minutes for each of the remaining banners to change the text/images etc.

1st banner inital design = 2 hours
2nd - 5th banner (text/graphic changes) = 75 minutes (rounded up to 90 minutes).

3.5 hours total.

Then apply my hourly rate.

If you're looking for 6 individual banners - then 2 hours each at hourly rate
12 hours work in total x €xx.xx

Each additional proof would be charged at a rate of 30 minutes per new proof.

Ta for getting back to me that quick.

I gather it will depend on the artist but I'll say a few hundred quid to be vague.

For now I'm just submitting the info to someone who is budgeting for a chrimbo campaign but will get them to consider the forum for the tender. Thanks.

Would it be prudent to ask for such a thing as a graphic designer's pricelist? Is that the done thing among designers?

Ta for getting back to me that quick.

I gather it will depend on the artist but I'll say a few hundred quid to be vague.

For now I'm just submitting the info to someone who is budgeting for a chrimbo campaign but will get them to consider the forum for the tender. Thanks.

Would it be prudent to ask for such a thing as a graphic designer's pricelist? Is that the done thing among designers?

Some have day rates/hourly rates/project rates.

It depends amongst designers - but price shouldn't be the deciding factor - you could ask for samples of previous work.

It's literally a few hours work if it's the same banner with a few tweaks.

Or worst case scenario it's one and half days work.

Each designer would price differently of course and have different rates.
But judge the portfolios and put the pricing as a 2nd factor.

Back