What should I charge for a 150 page document!?

SanjitB

Hi All,

I've been asked to design a 150-175 page Peer Mentoring Toolkit. It will be part of a tendering process for services to a local council.

All the text will be displayed, images I will need to supply myself. I'm used to designing 12-16 page brochures, but 175 is a whole different story!

I'd really appreciate any advice you could give me regarding how to price this job. Cheers!

How much would you charge for your 12-16 page brochures and how long on average would it take you to complete?

It will be part of a tendering process for services to a local council.

Is this project for the council/local government? This may sound greedy but if the answer is yes then what ever you think you should charge, double it! In my experience local government departments have substantial budgets allocated for this kind of thing and will often only accept proposals that use most/all of that budget.

If you're unsure, just ask the client what their budget is.

Normally I charge £40 per page, but this would mean a 175p document would be £7000!

It's for a charity who wants to put in a tender to provide services for the council, so it's not the council itself that would be paying.

I'm thinking about charging £1000, but I don't know whether this seems like a reasonable fee!

Yeh, the more I think about this, the more I realise I'm undercharging. I'm thinking somewhere between £2-3000.

Back