What paper do you use to print your illustration on?

rebekka.

Hello:D

I have a few more questions to ask aswell...

Does anybody have a certain brand of paper (or type) they rate for printing illustrations on? Like Hahnemühle for example?

Do you do all your printing at home or do you take your work to a company to print (I assume this will be more expensive??)

Does anybody print their work onto canvas? If so please can you explain the process?

Like in »to see how it looks printed« and resume work, or like in »show to a client or add to a portfolio« ...? :)

Welcome to the forum, rebekka.

It depends what it's for really. Lately I've been doing one-off birthday cards with caricatures on them, and for that I've used Epson Premium Glossy covering a plain blank greetings card. Sounds a bit Blue Peter but it looks the part once I've finished trimming the inner card and whatnot. If I'm just printing it for reference, cheap old copy paper will do. For a little self-promo booklet I make, I use Epson Professional because it's double sided and gives a decent enough finish without breaking the bank.

They are tiny projects though, which are more cost effective to print at home providing you have a decent printer. My Epson Stylus PHOTO R300 has been zipping along for about 6 or 7 years now.

If you wanted 1000 business cards or leaflets for example, with an illustration on, you'd have to go to a printer (it would probably be cheaper at higher volumes) and I'm sure they would have a wide selection of stock that they use regularly.

As a rule of thumb, I try to use Epson paper and Epson ink for my Epson printer, to get best results at home. Using Asda paper and Compatible ink in the Epson printer... results won't be so good! I've never printed to canvas so can't really help you there.

Same here. Pretty much completely digital but I tend to use Epsom for the odd thing I do print.

i use canon if atall i need to print but its mainly upload-> send and download..the digital way..dont have to print unless being used for something tht specific...as mentioned by Jimlad

Back