Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What? No Iphone 4 thread?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by mrp2049, Jun 7, 2010.

1. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Why am I making this thread!?!!?!

But I am. I am actually pretty sold finally. Yes it has taken 4 versions of it, but I am finally on board.

General tweeting says good.

2. Becky

Becky Member

Too busy salivating :) Good job my contracts out, can go straight to an iphone, good times!

3. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

not sure I like the sound of iads.

4. Becky

Becky Member

I keep reading it as iaids :(

5. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

that would be a better way of describing it!

6. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

um all I'm going to say is the new iPhone looks oh so original, the new ones looks even more like it than the first one and the amount amount of times they said the lg prada copied it then, even though it came out first .... hmmmm.... flat black front with touchscreen check, flat black rear, silver metal surround with black overlap check - they're all there and theres no doubting that the prada came first here. Yes I know there are only so many ways you can do a touchscreen phone but it's usually apple fans screaming bloody murder when another touchscreen comes out and looks even vaguely like an iPhone

[​IMG]

the rest of it well nothing really that interesting, most things have been around for ages and all apple did was 'market' them differently/better, having said that, I'm sure they could have got video calling working on 3g, we've had in the UK for how long now. One thing it has kind of cemented - iPad 1.1 will have video camera(s) and it's also proven the iPad could have been given a better resolution screen.

7. tim

tim Senior Member

incredible argument there levi!

so glad you could add so much to the convo! :p

i love it. but what did you expect from me?

8. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

It's won me over and that should never have happened!

9. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Well I was kind of hoping you'd break from tradition :p

10. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

DAMN. Just watched the video on the Apple site. And I JUST got a 3GS too. Ah well.
    Looks like apple are really trying in terms of camera function this time.

11. DeanZappy

DeanZappy Senior Member

I would get one, but I cant be arsed with a 2 year contract.

12. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHngLJ0RlNg"]YouTube- Apple - iPhone 4 - This changes everything. Again.[/ame]

just in case anyone hasn't seen it. but we all have.

13. mrDerek

mrDerek Member

I don't get why apple and apple nerds are making such a big fuss out of video calling...

also everywhere I look it's saying that it's going to go on sale for $199 for 16GB and $299 for 32GB. That can't be right can it?? At first I thought it was a typo, but it seems to be everywhere.

14. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Is video calling a big thing stateside? I don't know? I'll ask my other american friends, but in the UK the first network to launch and push video calling was a few years ago. It was a disaster because the network was piggy backed onto a rubbish network, so didnt have signal priority, the phones were ugly as hell and the quality was terrible.

The only reason I am at all excited about video calling is because the handset and better networks (orange and vodaphone) should make it work. In the vid they mention wifi in the video part, which changes the idea of it being mobile phone calls to a mobile webcam, and that is an idea I can get behind.

We shall see.

The big things for me are better camera and a flash (thank GOD!), HD video, multi-tasking (ish, we shall see it is multi or just an app stall) and better battery life.

15. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Levi, who ever said apple were ground breakers stylistically, lets not get onto the fact that the ipad is an iphone on roids! :D

16. I still think i'll get one when it comes out as an upgrade :D

17. tim

tim Senior Member

they're the US prices that are included with the contract. they dont do PAYG.

their data costs $15-$30 on top of the $30+ contract as well though, so we get a much better deal in the long run.

the UK prices on contract and PAYG are yet to be decided. who knows what's going on yet.

(sorry i didnt read second page, nor anything levi wrote, as he's boring :D, so apologies if i repeated a post)

18. tim

tim Senior Member

are you on o2? they announced on twitter yesterday they're letting all customers upgrade for a limited time only once the iphone 4 is out.

19. xxmissbirdyxx

xxmissbirdyxx Senior Member

I upgraded to the 3gs in feb :( I WANT IPHONE 4. Otherwise I'll just have to settle for iOS4 :(

20. tim

tim Senior Member

sorry third post.

no business will ever release their best product on the first go. so yes, of course they could have fitted 12 cameras, 15 mangos, 134 phones, or whatever their plan will eventually be onto a product, but by releasing that they'd allow all competition the ability to catch up way quicker.

(nod)