Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What makes a good wine

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by HippySunshine, Dec 8, 2009.

1. HippySunshine

HippySunshine Senior Member

Here I go again with Xmas prsent ideas...

I have 2 £20 vouchers for Virgin wine and thought I should use them as stocking fillers for a couple of people... BUT .... what makes a good wine?
    Im no wine expert and just stick to Blossom Hill or Gallo Rose.... any recommendations or know how on how you know if it is decent wine or not?

Cheers my DF dears!
  2. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

One that can be downed in one!!

Login | Facebook

DW this is not me, but a mate!
  3. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

4. I would recommend red wines in the range of about £20 of a nice Marlborough or Hawkes Bay wine from New Zealand (especially the Pinot Nior) and a Zinfendel from the Napa Region of California instead of a Gallo or Blossom Hill :) but thats just me :)
  5. berry

berry Active Member

Now I'm a permanent wine drinker!........Best value quality wine is Australian, much better than French or USA. -if it's for presents then I would suggest the following: From the BB book of Red Wine!

1. Wolf Blass Yellow label Shiraz or Cab Sauv is on offer at £5.00 and is a steal. - Morrisons/Tesco's ( Any Wolf Blass is a great wine. They also do very good whites too.)
    2. Tim Adams Shiraz at £9.99, that is a belter and is a special bottle of wine. = Tesco's
    3. Peter Lehman's Shiraz is my favourite @£7.99 - Tesco's/ Co-op
    4. Penfolds - but only the more pricy £15+ bottles

A good Aussie will openly promote it's a Coonawara or Barrosa region. Those are the ones to snap up.
  6. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Blossom Hill or Black Tower is the bomb! I wanna try Jarno Trullis wine, It comes at like £125 for 6 bottles tho. I was gunna buy them as Xmas presents
  7. br3n

br3n Senior Member

anything new world!
  8. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Any red wine, full off antioxidants that promote health, help to stop you getting cancer, help to stop heart attacks, and strokes, helps to reduce the damage when they do happen and help to slow down the signs of aging. A glass a day literally keeps the doctor away, and you will be giving the recipient a health drink at the same time. :)