What makes a good logo?

Logo should be unique and innovative. Just because An excellent design usually affects our sub conscious mind and we unknowingly duplicate sure parts of it. It is extremely vital that your brand design is unique. A novel brand design will increase the chance for getting a trademark protection.

I.E. Think how memorable this logo is...

logo.gif

I've never noticed it before, but now that you've posted it webian, it's got some strange multiple perspective thing going on there, I can't stop looking at it. Maybe that's what makes a great logo!

Could'nt have said it better myself
Jimlad said:
One of the same traits that makes for a strong cartoon/game/mascot character. A recognisable silhouette. (Read: the logo has to work even in just one colour)
Needs to be resizeable aswell ;)

Basiclly your logo is your identity, therefor it needs to symbolize your work aswell, and be recognizeable in the most simpliest form aswell.Preferable follow your color-theme of your identity i.e taking my own page as example: Fredskov.com i'm using 5 colors in total: Black, White 2 shades of grey aswell as a strong Red color to stand a contrast to the other colors.

I though this thread had been forgotten. Nice to see it wasn't!

Squiddy said:
I've never noticed it before, but now that you've posted it webian, it's got some strange multiple perspective thing going on there, I can't stop looking at it. Maybe that's what makes a great logo!

Yeah, I think so. Or at least it's one of the possible reasons. This
visual / conceptual contradiction... I always been somehow "addicted" to it.

A good logo design should be simple yet display a message effectively. It should also closely represent your brand, be instantly recognisable and able to be appreciated worldwide.

A good logo should communicate the business' core values in a simple and concise manner. It should be flexible enough to exist in many different visual circumstances (website, letterheads, banners etc). It should also be contemporary in style so that the visual aesthetic can have longevity and doesn't need re-designing in the near future.

Back