Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What kind of music do you design/develop too

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by ralphsaunders, Apr 2, 2010.

1. ralphsaunders

ralphsaunders Senior Member

Title says it all really. I want to hear what you listen to when you design/develop. Post links to youtube if possible <3...

Personally I listen to Trentemøller, Leftield, Metric, Anberlin, stuff like that...

Over to you.
  2. Lunera

Lunera Senior Member

I have just listened to your songs (washing up). This is not the music that I usually listen to. I like the third song. =)

Yodelice - Sunday with a flu

Muse - Blackout

T Rex - Cosmic Dancer

and sometimes classical music, like Chopin or Mozart lieder.
  3. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Well into Tiesto at the moment

4. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I've been listening to these guys a lot recently, but that is because I am playing a few shows with them. One supporting these guys...

...which has resulted in me listening to their records a lot.

Also got these guys DVD recently,

something I design featured in the film a lot, but it has made me listen to their record again. Warning, anti social noise to the max, but it is an awesome video!

Also loving these guys...

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE] album.

After watching this video...

they have been on the go again.
  5. Rhonda

Rhonda Senior Member

My favorite all time music. They help the creative process nicely.:)
  6. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Will add youtube vids when I'm more awake

The who

Marilyn Manson (guilty pleasure)

plan B

7. glenwheeler

What do people see in plan b? EEwww....
  8. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

While I actually like them, how can you question a liking of plan B when you suggested tiesto ;)
  9. ralphsaunders

Ooo, quite a mix it seems we have.
  10. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Generally I like Ralph's videos most but Tiësto is always nice (Glen).
    Anyway, here is a quick pick of what I've been listening to recently.

11. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

this is a cracking tune! however his album is (as I have discovered) a nightmare to get hold of, as he is on a major in france which means to order of a UK dealer £20, couple of amazon dealers have a better price, we shall see!

Today I bought the new Fun Lovin' Criminals album, haven't listened to it yet, but if the sun holds it will be the soundtrack to a BBQ at some point!

And I got the Credence Clearwater Revival chronicles back off my uncle, which he borrowed before I got them home! New music makes me happy!!
  12. ralphsaunders

That deadmaus one was pretty good. :D
  13. Lunera

Lunera Senior Member

Wow ! Indeed, it's really expensive ! I got it for 9.99€ (my mobile phone says that it is like 6.88£). But I've seen that it is more expensive on amazon than in a shop. In the shop where I bought it, after the music awards, they usually fall the price of cds showed in the program.

I listened to some songs of Fun Lovin' Criminals album, called Classic Fantastic, and I think that I should make my sister listen to it ^^.
    I find that it is a bit like some r'n'b songs of the 90's (voice).

The "Bomb the Bass - Up the Mountain" reminds me the song "Crystalised" by the XX band, particularly the girl's voice.
    (if you don't know it : YouTube - The xx - Crystalised)
  14. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Yeah I figured you'd like that one since you like Trentemöller (who is equally awesome) ;)
  15. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I'll just copy from the old thread as my tastes haven't changed a great deal :)

amethystium - ambient chillout stuff
    denki groove - japanese
    takkyu ishino - japanese
    android lust - industrial
    orgy - kind of a metal/rock type group
  16. glenwheeler

Yeh love tiesto mate, gets me right in the mood to do work at times
  17. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Levi do you actually speak/understand Japanese? Because I know you're into the manga/anime/etc stuff but I just always assumed you watched it in either the English or the subtitled version. But since you posted up Japanese music... :rolleyes:
  18. Calvin_T

Calvin_T Member

19. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I can get the jist of some spoken conversations in japanese and can speak the basic hi, thanks etc. Usually need to use the subs though for a complete understanding. I've noticed I'm able to not read the subs more now than when I started lol

I just prefer their music to the stuff we have in the UK, the stuff being released over here is pretty poor to be honest or I've heard it all before when I was younger.

I listen to German, Korean (this one sounds like paradiso girls style) and Scandinavian music too. I just go for the stuff that sounds good, you don't need to understand the words, just look at opera lol

Having said that I do get a little fed up with the americans claiming they were first with stuff in movies and also the way they 'remake' a asian film in english (ring quadrilogy, dark water for example) and then miss out what made the original film scary - hell they couldn't even get the girl coming out of the tv right in the ring.
  20. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Here's a few things I listen to.

Ancient Astronauts

Massive Attack

Tom Jones & Stereophonics

I like a whole bunch of other thing soo. Plus little japanese stuff, but it's mainly a liking for the music in animes I've seen, I don't follow the bands so much.