What is your favourite site design?

Hmm yes, I saw the cycle site and it sort of put me in the mood to do more of that type of illustration myself. I really want to start selling prints and stuff.

Saw this Cyclemon site the other day, lovely stuff. I don't think it would be possible to pick my favourite website of all time. Each serve a specific purpose so I guess it depends on what I'm after.

Whether you are going to design the site yourself, or contract out to a design consultant, there are several key elements to good site design that you (or your designer) need to work to.
I would like to share with you all my favourite website design that I made for my client.
Please go threw the below link:
http://www.61designstreet.com/portfolio/portfolio2.html

Ariana - I think you'll find that the the idea of the thread is to pick a site that you haven't done yourself.

Levi said:
Ariana - I think you'll find that the the idea of the thread is to pick a site that you haven't done yourself.
Levi it dones't matter who made this but the question was here that what it your ever favourite website that is live on the web?

Yes it does matter because EVERYONE thinks a site they've done is great, that isn't the 'idea' behind the thread, even more so when it goes to your own sites 'portfolio' page

Arianna, if people ask you about your favourite website design, they don't expect you to give one of your own. In the original post, it was made clear that submissions should be of exceptionally high quality.
The fact you linked to your own piece shows people that you are just trying to promote yourself. Even if your site design is of exceptional quality and it genuinely is your favourite, there's a little something called modesty. Besides, you didn't even link to one website design...

Yeah, you're implying that out of every single site you have been on, none of them beats that one you linked us to... plus what Sean said about modesty.

Mine - apart from DF - ha ha.

I would have to say YouTube.

To me design needs to communicate and get you to interact and stay on the site - over looking pretty. How many times have you been on YouTube, only to find yourself there an hour later looking at cats or prank vidoes, when you only went on their looking for vidoes about Quantum Physics in the first place?

To me that says it all. :)

Well, I cannot make choice for the favourite designs. But I prefer simple and sover designs not with the flash use. User and mobile friendly designs I like the most. Like, as a student has to search for jobs then website must be user friendly. A website must be easily navigated. Every recruiting firm should have the good and responsive, informative, user friendly recruitment website designs.

I like all Wordpress plain blog designs. I used to like elaborate designs with drop-down menus and flash animations, but for me that just distracts from the text now. I do like the website to have a good design, but I like the simple designs.

Back