What is banner at @3x

what type of banner....

I'm guessing it's a web banner in which case this would be to cover hi resolution displays which use 3x pixel ratios

I am so sorry about that I'm do not help to you. You should again ask your client what type of banner he needed.

Maybe it means to work at three times the final size of the banner? @ = at, 3 = three, x = times. Either way that's terrible communication.

Nah, it's most likely as I said above back in January but never received a reply... @3x is css media query talk for mobile phone 'retina displays' with a pixel ratio (aka scaling factor) set at 3, ie a phone with a 2560 x 1440 pixel QHD resolution (samsung s6) which has a pixel ratio set at 3 would show a website as if it's on a '853 x 640' screen. The iphone retina used @2x, @3x and even @4x is for even higher resolutions screens.

Damn, I didn't notice the date. So many bloody necro threads rising from the grave in the forums these days.

Jimlad said:
So many bloody necro threads rising from the grave in the forums these days.
tell me about it.... I've now started using the warning points system :)

I think this is for retina display, so when it is zoomed in, then it will not be blurred unlike the screens without retina.

Back