Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what I did today...

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by chrismitchell, Feb 29, 2012.

1. I went to Google HQ in London in their new offices.... very cool :) had a meeting and attended a seminar on SEO and stuff.. very interesting :up:
  2. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

Did they have a list of the top searches on the wall?

When I see images of Google HQ's, I always get the feeling it's a whisker away from becoming a cult.
  3. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

First rule of Google Club, you will not talk about Google Club.
  4. it didn't feel like a cult at all.. but I know what you mean LOL
  5. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

Ahhh, that's the trick you see. The really good cults never feel like cults until you've been enrolled.

(I had to check that so many times in case of typing errors.)

Did you have fun? Joking aside, it looks like an interesting environment to work in.
  6. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

That made me laugh Ken...!
  7. It was amazing :) really interesting environment.. the carpets were all green to look like grass with loads of plush sofas everywhere for people to work on with laptops..

All the google employees were very cool too.. I talked with a couple of the developers and some of the people behind the Google+ stuff ... very interesting :)
  8. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Sounds surreal and awesome.
  9. captainrage

captainrage Senior Member

Chris was that your Blue Peter prize?
  10. my Blue Peter prize was 2 Google Mugs and 4 Google Monogrammed Moleskine books :D
  11. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Nice. :)
  12. Rhonda

Rhonda Senior Member

Maybe the perks of being in Google cult might be nice? Just avoid any kool-aid drink they might offer.

Did you get mugs with a Google doodle on them or just the standard logo? I thought the doodle they had recently was clever for the birthday of Heinrich Hertz.

And I'll have to Google Moleskine books (the irony?) as I'm not sure what that is:D