Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Have You Watched Recently?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Tony Hardy, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Went to the cinema for the first time since seeing Skyfall today.

Ended up seeing Gangster Squad. Loved it. Definitely my sort of film. Great cast, great story, great acting. Very well shot. Highly recommend it.

What have you seen recently? TV or cinema :)

2. Was dragged along to Les Miserables on Monday night, nobody in it called Les but it was pretty miserable lol. Actually as musicals go which I never watch it was o.k. Also watched The Sweeney on DVD saturday night which was crap!!
    What I will recommend is...Breaking Bad and Empire Boardwalk

3. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

I'm fairly sure you mean Boardwalk Empire ;) And I'd agree whole heartedly with both of those!

Just got up to the Breaking Bad season 5 mid-season finale on Monday night. Wow. Can't wait til the summer months for the rest of it!

4. ha ha, you know what I mean lol.
    I've only just finished Season 3 of BB..

5. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

It's fantastic :) Gets even better!

6. si_p

si_p Junior Member

Perks of having a wife who works for a major cinema chain, free tickets to the cinema.
    Last film I saw was The Hobbit, in 3D HFR, which was not great to be honest. The film was fine, but having footage with that much detail was a bit to much on the eyes and brain.

7. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

I didn't fancy the film, but I did fancy the HFR. I hate 3D though, it's such a gimmick!

8. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Last film I saw was Rise of the Guardians. I was literally 4 years old for the whole movie. Until the over-cheezy ending.

9. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Was that the sequel? Or the original? I've never seen it but everyone says it's great?

10. wac

wac Senior Member

[font="'lucida sans unicode'"]It's not a gimmick, although your not the only person who affected by this misapprehension. The trouble is you have films like Drive Angry and Resident Evil where the 3D certainly is a gimmick that's just been tacked on as a way to increase revenue but if you look into the film makers and artists behind some of the best 3D movies so far, you would probably change your mind.[/font]
    [font="'lucida sans unicode'"]On the movie front the best ones I've seen recently are Gangster Squad and Life of Pie[/font]
    [font="'lucida sans unicode'"]One's I'm looking forward to are Lincoln, Wreck it Ralph, Django Unchained and Flight[/font]

11. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

I saw a lot of those films on the list, and I still can't get past it feeling a little too "OOOOH, 3D". It feels like you're in a Disneyworld ride sometimes.

Either way, personal preference :)

However, totally agree with you're "looking forward to" list. Django Unchained in particular. Genuinely beyond excited for that!

12. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

It's the only film, there's no sequel or anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPLiBxhoug0

13. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Oh, I thought it was the one with Owls? Haha. God knows what I'm thinking about.

14. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

I've been watching The Walking Dead Series. Just finished the 3rd season. Absolutely immense! Intrigued to see where its going next. Anyone been watching?

15. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

It's only up to the mid-season break. Be excited, more of it in February ;)

16. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

Just got through season 7 of Dexter, don't really watch much TV but that show is awesome!

17. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

I love Dexter. My girlfriend and I watched the whole show in less than 2 months :) Cracking!

18. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

- battlestar galactica - been watching the original 1978/9 version and watched some of the blood and chrome prequel to the new version (it's free on you tube)
    - made in milwaukee - think home renovation/design but with a more 'urban/industrial' vibe
    - project runway all stars - fashion design show
    - eon kid - from US netflix (search for media hint, it's free and use in chrome, firefox is laggy with it). CG animation
    - astro kid - US netflix - CG animation
    - Dragon Riders of Berk - CG series based on film, fills gap between first movie and sequal next year I think
    - Tron Uprising - it's tron and it's CG
    - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012 reboot) - CG version
    - Green Lantern The Animated Series - its cg again.
    - Transporter TV Series - cheesy series based off the film series
    - Jesse James Outlaw Garage, Fast n' Loud, Counting Cars - 3 series basically the same idea, follows a car/bike customisation shop - think of it like a version of American Chopper
    - 2 Broke girls, although the second series hasn't been as good as the first in my opinion...
    - Person of Interest, Hawaii Five-0 - latest season of these
    - Hunter X Hunter - Anime, can be seen on crunchyroll
    - Cardfight!! Vanguard - Second season, first, second and now the third can be seen on crunchyroll - it's a card based fighting game, bit like yu-gi-oh etc
    There's probably some other stuff but they can't be that good if I've forgotten them lol
    CG, is both something I like and also good to see new 'techniques' in my opinion etc

19. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

I'm fairly interested in CG, didn't rate Tron: Legacy one tiny bit though.

20. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

give the series a go, it's kind of meant to 'fill in' between the films