What FTP?

Chink

This may have been brought up before.. but just wanted to have a quick rant lol!

So what FTP software do you use?

I cant find a DESCENT one besides the original WS FTP.. The likes of filezilla and cuteFTP etc always manage to just 'skip' files randomly.. and have done for years.. even with their latest versions! Most times informing you in the log.. but other times not at all!

How difficult can it be to put in a command that says 'if files just send the damn thing again!' lol

I use WS FTP as it doesn't have a 'send again' command, although it does tend not to just skip files in the first place, unless overwriting files then it has its tendency too. But you can't bulk delete files in WS FTP.. so have to switch back to filezilla to mass delete an entire folder.

Surely there's got to be a descent FTP software out there that works and does everything.. it can't be that hard can it?

I just use filezilla on my PC and use Cyberduck on my Mac :) not had problems with either of them personally :)

I use filezilla, and don't have the issue you seem to, but then don't upload mass ammounts, just 1-3 files at a time

Yep it does only happen when uploading large amounts of files in one go.. its ok for 2 or 3 at a time, but every time i come to upload a bulk of files like joomla etc it enters into fail city lol! Its also not my connection or PC etc as its done it for years from the various different places ive worked and home.

I've recently switched from WSFTP after numerous problems on all my machines to Filezilla. So far, so good.

Filezilla doesn't suck though does it? it does everything I want it to do and more, and this applies to most people ... just because you prefer something else doesn't make the other thing suck... sigh :p

renniks said:
Filezilla doesn't suck though does it? it does everything I want it to do and more, and this applies to most people ... just because you prefer something else doesn't make the other thing suck... sigh :p

not as cute as cyberduck though is it ?

cyberduck.jpg
awwwww :D

I use FileZilla, switched from FireFTP a while back as a result of similar problems (skipping files), only ever had a couple of problems with FileZilla where it doesn't overwrite the file as instructed but says it has, a quick restart of FZ sorts that out though.

Back