Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What FTP?

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by Chink, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Chink

Chink Junior Member

This may have been brought up before.. but just wanted to have a quick rant lol!

So what FTP software do you use?

I cant find a DESCENT one besides the original WS FTP.. The likes of filezilla and cuteFTP etc always manage to just 'skip' files randomly.. and have done for years.. even with their latest versions! Most times informing you in the log.. but other times not at all!

How difficult can it be to put in a command that says 'if files just send the damn thing again!' lol

I use WS FTP as it doesn't have a 'send again' command, although it does tend not to just skip files in the first place, unless overwriting files then it has its tendency too. But you can't bulk delete files in WS FTP.. so have to switch back to filezilla to mass delete an entire folder.

Surely there's got to be a descent FTP software out there that works and does everything.. it can't be that hard can it?

2. I just use filezilla on my PC and use Cyberduck on my Mac :) not had problems with either of them personally :)

3. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

I use filezilla, and don't have the issue you seem to, but then don't upload mass ammounts, just 1-3 files at a time

4. Chink

Chink Junior Member

Yep it does only happen when uploading large amounts of files in one go.. its ok for 2 or 3 at a time, but every time i come to upload a bulk of files like joomla etc it enters into fail city lol! Its also not my connection or PC etc as its done it for years from the various different places ive worked and home.

5. Becky

Becky Member

I've recently switched from WSFTP after numerous problems on all my machines to Filezilla. So far, so good.

6. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

Cyberduck gets my vote

7. Cyberduck and Smultron for code editing FTW :D

8. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

yarp, cyberduck for me too :up:

9. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

FileZilla is the bomb!

10. tim

tim Senior Member

CYBERDUCK ALL THE WAY!!

filezilla sucks.

11. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

For windows you could try out FlashFXP

12. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Filezilla doesn't suck though does it? it does everything I want it to do and more, and this applies to most people ... just because you prefer something else doesn't make the other thing suck... sigh :p

13. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

not as cute as cyberduck though is it ?

[​IMG] awwwww :D

14. aww good old Cyberduck :lol:

15. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

16. davewill

davewill Senior Member

i use fetch, im not sure if it's a mac only piece of software,but it works no problem and is much more reliable than filezilla
    ________
    VAPORIZER REVIEWS

17. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

18. Greg

Greg Active Member

I use FileZilla, switched from FireFTP a while back as a result of similar problems (skipping files), only ever had a couple of problems with FileZilla where it doesn't overwrite the file as instructed but says it has, a quick restart of FZ sorts that out though.

19. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

I use Filezilla as well. Never had any problems with it personally.

20. Mikey

Mikey Member

Coda or Cyberduck!