What does everyone drive?

T

Tom Wright

I see that I'm alone... I ride a Honda CBR600RR and I love it. I have a car but here where I live is useless if you don't want to spend more than one hour on the road... So far, the only one who gets more mile to the gallon is Edge.

TomTom55

TomTom55

I had I think 9 driving lessons in a car and I could drive ok I guess, had to do a hill-start on my second lesson! But I much prefer bikes and so I drive a Honda cbr 600cc

@GCarlD

@GCarlD

Bit of a long shot but, does anyone drive a Mini Cooper One? If so, I would like to ask a huge favour - it involves measuring the back number plate section...

E

EBMarsden

I have a black Golf GTD mk7 with 19" santiago alloys on a 16 plate :). Drives really well and is a rocket, especially torque when already at fast speed. Absolutely love the car.

bigdave

bigdave

Staff member
I cant believe I forgot to update my car ownership status!!

After 6 months we decided the BMW was just too small for our family so we sold it and bought this little beauty..

IMG_2271_zpsgl9fcsr5.jpg

It's a 2016 Mercedes CLA Shootingbrake AMG Line with a 2.1 twin turbo diesel engine.

Mr Geek

Mr Geek

Very nice @bigdave

Im currently rolling around in a 10 year old Renault Traffic
Renault_Trafic_II_front_20080120.jpg

and until it 100% gives in ill keep it hahah (im a tight yorkshireman)

Claude.Crow

Claude.Crow

Luckily in South Africa we have reasonable good weather :)
so on most days I drive my bike to work, a 2007 Honda Transalp. just love skipping traffic
on the not so good days, or the days that i need to do the parental thing and drop and fetch kids from school, i drive my 2008 Opel Corsa lite. really fast and lite on fuel... just my road rage gets the better of me though :whistle:

scotty

scotty

Staff member
They are @Levi well spotted.
Round here they tend to have them re-skinned and insulated properly.
There's only a few left round ours.

They must be cold in the Winter as when I've seen them do it there's the 5cm concrete slab's and the insulation is like tin-foil.

Levi

Levi

Staff member
They are @Levi well spotted.
They must be cold in the Winter as when I've seen them do it there's the 5cm concrete slab's and the insulation is like tin-foil.
Yes they were cold in winter, I used to live in one when I was young before they got pulled down out our way. If I say we had those lovely frost patterns on the INSIDE of metal framed single glazed windows it should give you an idea of how just how cold they could get. This was before modern central heating was really a thing though. It was the old boiler behind the fireplace job which always burnt itself out middle of the night, nice and snug in living room etc but pretty pointless at night lol.

Might explain why I HATE hot weather, well that and being born in December lol, because this cold never really bothered me, just had the quilt and 1, maybe 2 if extremely cold, blankets.

scotty

scotty

Staff member
Ice on the inside of the window and cold sheets and blankets to get into.
Been there @Levi :(

Not nice to wake up to either.

I think that's why I LOVE hot weather. ;)