Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does everyone drive?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by bigdave, Oct 24, 2014.

1. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

A completely non design related topic.. but thought it could be interesting (assuming anyone else is remotely interested in cars)?..

I currently drive a 2007 Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 cdti (150) SRI.

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Well this is embarrassing…

I drive a 2008 Ford Ka (long story, I didn't want it but had no real choice), complete with dents and scratches from inconsiderate arse holes who can't park for shit. I'm hoping to get rid and get something more spacious/macho, but it's paid for and it's cheapish to run so I guess shouldn't complain, especially when it's raining.

3. PrintME

PrintME Member

OF COURSE IT'S INTERESTING!!!!!!!! I LOVE MY CARS!

Anyways i have a Peugeot 3008 - 1.6HDI as my daily and 306 1.9TD as my project car! I will be purchasing another 306 for my daily as the 3008 is to big and not economical enough

4. bigdave

Nowt wrong with that! The Vectra wasn't exactly my first choice but when needs must and all that...

I've been looking at getting a Peugeot as a 2nd car/my daily commuter.

1 person likes this.
  5. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

Not a big car fan so I don't really care what I get lol.

Had a Hyundai Accent for about 6 years, and sold it, didn't drive for a while.

Just got a 00 Ford Fiesta, 2 owners, 50,000 miles, electric windows and air conditioning, zetec engine, pretty nice in my eyes.

6. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

I would say I've got a Merc, but I'd be lying/dreaming.

I had a Fiat Tipo 1.6, was a speedy thing, (at least I thought it was until I drove a 2L Golf). I can't quite remember the specs, but it was the equivalent of a turbo as it had a duel something a rather. The air conditioning came into affect when the electric windows were down and it even had power steering! Funny enough I remember the licence plate number. I sold my car about 6 years ago and haven't bought another one since.

7. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Ford Focus Zetec S

If I could buy any car is would be the McLaren P1

8. Paul Murray

For some reason I'm keen to get a fast, boxy car from the 80s, something like a MK1 Golf GTI, or an Audio Quatro. I drove a Quatro once that had a Porsche engine in it. I needed new underpants by the time I parked up.

9. bigdave

I'd love a mk1 golf, It's one of my dream cars! I did think about getting one for my daily commute but it'd be a bit much to expect a 30 year old car to do 350+ miles a week.

10. Paul Murray

Yeah, that's what puts me off, the expense of getting an old car through an MOT and the availability of replacement parts.

11. Stationery Direct

Back in the day I had a Mk1 & Mk2 Ford XR2, then an XR2i and I also ripped around in a Renault 5 GT Turbo (remember those?)

12. Paul Murray

Is that the Dark blue one with yellow wing mirrors? Or was that a special edition or something?

13. Stationery Direct

The Dark Blue one was the Special Edition 'Raider', mine was white. They were quick back in the day.

14. Paul Murray

Actually, turns out I was thinking of the Williams Clio, not a Renault 5 after all…

[​IMG]

15. Stationery Direct

Ah yeah the Clio Williams, they were a little after the Renault 5s I think, they were super quick too.

16. bigdave

I do secretly dream of one day owning an R5GTT.

The car I'm currently looking at as a second car is a Peugeot 407 GT. At almost 5 meters long it doesn't drop into the 'hot hatch' bracket but the 2.7V6 twin turbo will make up for that! lol.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  17. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Current car: Ford S-Max
    Fave car owned: Ford Focus Mk 1
    Worst car owned: Fiat Punto, with an honourable mention for the 1971 MGB Roadster I ran for a few years (I thought it'd be cool to have a classic car but there's nothing cool about rust and repair bills - in any case, the only people who thought it was cool turned out to be nostalgic old men and small boys).
    In my dreams: Facel Vega HK500, but I'd settle for an Alfa Giulietta Spider (the one Edward Fox drove in The Day of the Jackal) or a vintage Citroen DS20 or ID19.

18. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine had a 1980s VW Jetta for a while - looks great in that 80's-boxy way but without the price tag or obviousness of the original Golf.

19. bigdave

New toy....

[​IMG]

20. Edge

Edge Active Member

I drive a Marin which does unlimited miles to the gallon, open top, no tax, corners on a sixpence and does 0-25 mph in about 5 minutes.