what do you think?

Rambo_098

Hey,
I'd like your opinion on the branding of my company if you don't mind?
226 is the name i have chosen... it is the pantone for my favourite colour

Its still in the early stages of development as I only started it today but would love your feedback or suggestions.

rambo_098-albums-portfolio-picture845-226-idea-my-company-branding.jpg

Cheers,
Luke :D

what is the company its for or is it for yourself?

don't like it myself, it has no relevance to design unless you know colour codes etc.

Levi said:
don't like it myself, it has no relevance to design unless you know colour codes etc.

That was kinda the idea.
The problem with a lot of businesses is that they think they can design themselves.

But you have to remember you aren't advertising to other designers, you are advertising to clients...

All in all though, work under any name that keeps you happy, because all names work with good enough branding...

Renniks said:
But you have to remember you aren't advertising to other designers, you are advertising to clients...

All in all though, work under any name that keeps you happy, because all names work with good enough branding...

yeah I agree!
plus there are a few design companies with random numbers as names, so the pantone thing doesn't matter.
for example:
23ten.co.uk
2020bc.com
eightyonedesign.co.uk

Rambo_098 said:
yeah I agree!
plus there are a few design companies with random numbers as names, so the pantone thing doesn't matter.
for example:
23ten.co.uk
2020bc.com
eightyonedesign.co.uk
none of which I can say I've heard of, not saying I haven't seen their work though

Levi said:
none of which I can say I've heard of, not saying I haven't seen their work though
Thats cause they're small and not that good! lol
But hopefully I can succeed were they haven't. :D

If you're using the pantone coated colour code, then it would be 226c then you could officially be 226creative if you wanted but leave it off your logo, by just having 226c. Just have the word creative on your letterhead so people can actually see what you do, rather than think it's your flat number :D

Another thing about companies beginning with numbers is they come up the top of any alphabetical listings in directories don't they?

Like that extension of the idea Tom, think that could be a good balance between being able to brand solely as 226(c) & being able to literally say a bit more about what it is that you do. Guess it all depends how against you are using the word "creative", I know we've had a few threads on here discussing how un-creative it is to have "creative", as it's been used so much :)

yeah... like I said before i don't really like using design/creative/studio/etc but that's not to say I will completely discard the idea of it.
this idea was only created a few hours ago and is still in need of major development!

I was having this whole creative chat with someone the other day and we thought that if it wasn't for the recent fashion for portmanteaus such as Jedward, Brangelina and Subo, Creactive would be a good option instead of creative. We were a bit the worse for wear at the time though :D

Not much has actually been said about the mark yet? I quite like it. It needs refining — especially where the 2 interacts with the 6 — but it's looking nice.

Agreed. creative/design/studio etc. is superfluous and irrelevant, as is the name when you think about it. The work should speak for itself, there are a plethora of excellent agencies/studios with ambiguous names or simply the surnames of the founders.

Anyone for a tomato?

Back