What do you think of this?

danieljoseph

Hey,

I've been working on a site for my b-boy crew and have this so far - http://www.factionbreakdancecrew.com/

Wanted to know if there was anything i'm missing or anything important that i should change (particularly with my coding)?

I'm self/Google taught and don't have any other web designers around me so I heavily rely on reviews and feedback to keep developing.

Really appreciate your time.

I'll let someone else review it first, I'm feeling generous.... :)

Can you give us a bit more info about the site, obviously it's for a 'dance crew' but what do you want the site to portray.

Alex - Not sure on which bit your referring to... I guess your a man of few words!

Levi - I want the site to portray what we do and what we offer.

Hey Daniel - usually people who post a single time don't come back to read the feedback, hence the above comment.

I think we need more info in general but as far as I see it:
- The photo quality of the first image isn't that good
- The moving text in the lower bar is a bit old feel
- Having the navigation bar on the left makes it (to me) feel a bit bare
- I like the responsiveness
- The animations when you click on a page are quite 'cheesy'
- On the entertainment page, you could make the content more engaging by having them as 3 columns rather than 3 rows as it just looks like a wall of text at the moment
- Apart from the landing page, the others should look different before the top part out of the first 3 pages is exactly the same

Just some thoughts. Also, how are you building this?

Alex Gilmore said:
Hey Daniel - usually people who post a single time don't come back to read the feedback, hence the above comment.

I think we need more info in general but as far as I see it:
- The photo quality of the first image isn't that good
- The moving text in the lower bar is a bit old feel
- Having the navigation bar on the left makes it (to me) feel a bit bare
- I like the responsiveness
- The animations when you click on a page are quite 'cheesy'
- On the entertainment page, you could make the content more engaging by having them as 3 columns rather than 3 rows as it just looks like a wall of text at the moment
- Apart from the landing page, the others should look different before the top part out of the first 3 pages is exactly the same

Just some thoughts. Also, how are you building this?
I agree!

Hey Alex

Thanks for having a look.

Some points I really agree with there. We're hoping to get some more good quality images done soon so we can change the top image and have a different image on each page.

I know what you mean about the news feed. I'm thinking of making it a text slider rather than using css animation so i can have more than one news update. I think this will make look less 'old fashioned'.

Also gonna get some social network integration in there somewhere.

Created using Dreamweaver.

Thanks again. :)

Cool. Also, when using social media, I'd say it's better to have no social media than a social media that is not up to date. (ie: make sure you plan to post on it regularly otherwise it can shoot back on you.

I like it - but the image quality of the main photo on the homepage isn't very high. Could you possibly upload another higher-quality image? Also, the scrolling text at the bottom - not a big fan of that. Takes a while to read the whole sentence.

I actually like the animation as one switches from one page to another. - makes it look slick and I think it conveys the brand very well (then again, I'm not the world's greatest dancer so perhaps I'm not the right person to say that, hehe).

Back