What do you think of my logos?

which one

Votes: 1 25.0%

Votes: 2 50.0%

Votes: 1 25.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

spooner

I'm in the beginning stage of a making a tutoring website, but i cant decide on the logo, I've narrowed it down to four but cant choose.

The website itself is called 'mathtutorial.co.uk' Obviously im tutoring maths, the site will show each all areas of maths including gcse, a-level and hopefully higher levels in the coming years, it is done by showing methods through video's and applying these methods to every single question to help individuals understand how and why when trying to solve a mathematic problem.

Now that you know about the site please view the logo's and respond with which one you feel is the best and why.

Thanks for evreyone's opinions in advance

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 78
Honestly, I don't like any. I get the connection between the hand and the name ('helping hand', and also counting using your fingers), but none of them really signify maths tuition. Number 2 is perhaps close to working, if you have video tuition as the primary content, but 1 and 4 (4 in particular) are rather juvenile, and 3 reminds me of a finance company or something.

It seems to me that your marque is tied to your (as yet undecided) slogan rather than to the name of the enterprise or its core aims, and I'm not convinced that this is a good process. Also, maths has plenty of symbols associated with it which might lend themselves to an image - I'm thinking '+' in particular as you're offering additional support (good word for incorporation into a slogan right there), and that kind of cross also has the helpful connotation of remedy/assistance.

+
MathsTutorial
Adding Value

I don't like any of them. To be perfectly honest, none really say 'math tuition'. They all look like they've peen picked off of one of those £20 logo sites or 4 different entries on a crowdsourcing site.

Why not pay a designer to do it properly?

1& 4 - look community based initiative/children?
3 - banking/investment?

That leaves 2 which bares any significance to your USP, showing methods through video's and applying these to questions.

Agreeing with the other posters. The ideas are ill conceived and obvious I'm afraid.

1. "Helping hand" is too familiar a strapline and the graphic is an obvious expression of it.
2. I'm kind of into the type but the logo seems to contain a letter "C" which seems irrelevant, and the location of the strapline is clumsy.
3. I get where your going with the 'climbing a mountain thing' but the concept needs further development.
4. No, just no. You are not the Early Learning Centre.

My favourite is number 3 (the mountain) but again, it doesn't really suggest mathematics.

Agree that they look cheap.

One point I would like to make is that your strapline should not be dictated by the nature of the logo, it should stand on it's own merit and should not vary depending on the nature of the pictoral element.

Just mah two cents.

Back