What do you think of my forum design?

yestyle

Hello,
I started a webmaster forum 1 year ago and it's expanding well.
Just want to share on DF forum to have more ideas and opinions to improve my forum template.
What do you think of my forum design at www.webmastersun.com ?

It has far too much going on. There are way too many text links, and they are all very small. It reminds me of a newspaper advertisement page :( Glad to hear that it's doing well though! What are your secrets? :)

Yeah maybe a little 'cross forum sharing' would be a good approach to this. I can only echo Sean in that the site just seems cramped and in all honesty the theme/design looks quite dated.

NCRPads.co.uk said:
I don't like it, far too cramped and way too much text, you need fluid width on a forum like that.
Thanks, I didn't use fluid width because it has more spaces on site between texts

Sean Lee-Amies said:
It has far too much going on. There are way too many text links, and they are all very small. It reminds me of a newspaper advertisement page :( Glad to hear that it's doing well though! What are your secrets? :)
Thanks Sean, I know it has more text and links. Links are a bonus for member has their backlinks on forum. what do you think about that.?

I think that community sites should be designed to serve the community and its own interests, not the websites of the people that use it. If that is the only reason to have so many text links then I personally wouldn't be able to justify that decision, because promoting other people or businesses to the detriment of the community site is not an acceptable way to do business in my opinion.
If people are only using your website to get back links to their own site, then they probably aren't going to be very interesting in interacting with your community.

I also don't like the design of your forum. Please remove the white spaces to the left and right side of the forum. It pay some more attentions on the fonts of the forums.

Back