What do you guys do on quiet periods?

dirtsa

When you don't happen to have much work going on, do you try to do any sort of marketing, email old clients or anything else?

do you try to do any sort of marketing, email old clients or anything else?
We're kind of not not allowed to now, at least in the UK/EU.... ooh and other countries by the looks of it.

Sounds like you might need to read up on GDPR, you might be falling foul to some of it's other rules seeing as you weren't aware of the email marketting rules.

We're kind of not not allowed to now, at least in the UK/EU.... ooh and other countries by the looks of it.

Sounds like you might need to read up on GDPR, you might be falling foul to some of it's other rules seeing as you weren't aware of the email marketting rules.
Thanks Levi, I am aware of this, I have a mailing list, can still do it the legal way.
Just hoping to get some other ideas / start a discussion :)

I've never really emailed old or prospective client which is probably why I'm having a quiet period. ;) :D

I just tend to work on personal projects and try and combine that with learning something new which I can also use for self promotion.
Recently I've just been working on my new web-site and branding.

I usually concentrate on inbound marketing and/or outreach. Also, I'm confused, am I not allowed to cold email prospective clients anymore? Because I get emails like that all the time.

I usually concentrate on inbound marketing and/or outreach. Also, I'm confused, am I not allowed to cold email prospective clients anymore? Because I get emails like that all the time.
IIRC, you can contant a 'generic' email address but you can't contact someone directly at that business.... to be fair I would need to double check this.

I normally just email old clients letting them know I'm available. If times are looking too quiet for too long, I'll just outright ask certain clients if they'are able to pass any work my way or can put me in touch with someone new that might need work.

Back